Serve/BB Them birds are dead ducks

Matt

Administrator
Staff member

The birds are dead. Stick a fork in them. Best possible thing I could do at this point is list 5 ways to liquidate those gift cards you bought. It would be popular, I could slip in some credit card links and we could make a killing.

But really, while it would be a help to the person who overextended themselves and bought beyond their float, what people really want is the next big thing. The post would be super, it would likely be repeated with/without hat tips throughout the blogging world.

Some muppet would probably talk about it on Business Insider, or whatever else drew them some profit.

So, here’s 5 ways that you can liquidate those gift cards:

• Use them for regular spend.
  • Give them away to the garbage man as a belated holiday tip.
  • Give them to charity.
  • Shred them and embark on a pilgrimage (in Y) to find your center.
  • Mount them in a photo frame (undrained) and reflect on the good old days.
Annoyed that you didn’t get a list of 5 things you can do on a monthly basis that facilitates your MS? That would just create 5 more dead birds sooner, rather than later. If you want to keep the game alive it is time to focus on developing relationships. Start them off online, develop them offline, and stop blogging about the bloody things to your family and friends – they actually don’t give a shit about how you earn points to fly in First.

The post Serve/BB Them birds are dead ducks appeared first on Saverocity Travel.

Continue reading...

GettingReady

Level 2 Member

The birds are dead. Stick a fork in them. Best possible thing I could do at this point is list 5 ways to liquidate those gift cards you bought. It would be popular, I could slip in some credit card links and we could make a killing.

But really, while it would be a help to the person who overextended themselves and bought beyond their float, what people really want is the next big thing. The post would be super, it would likely be repeated with/without hat tips throughout the blogging world.

Some muppet would probably talk about it on Business Insider, or whatever else drew them some profit.

So, here’s 5 ways that you can liquidate those gift cards:

• Use them for regular spend.
  • Give them away to the garbage man as a belated holiday tip.
  • Give them to charity.
  • Shred them and embark on a pilgrimage (in Y) to find your center.
  • Mount them in a photo frame (undrained) and reflect on the good old days.
Annoyed that you didn’t get a list of 5 things you can do on a monthly basis that facilitates your MS? That would just create 5 more dead birds sooner, rather than later. If you want to keep the game alive it is time to focus on developing relationships. Start them off online, develop them offline, and stop blogging about the bloody things to your family and friends – they actually don’t give a shit about how you earn points to fly in First.

The post Serve/BB Them birds are dead ducks appeared first on Saverocity Travel.

Continue reading...
What? No respect for the dying and those that are dead?

gotmilk

Level 2 Member
This is exactly what you are not suppose to do. Raising red flags dude, by asking.
What I meant was did anyone try to see what was going on with Serve. I know a few people from Reddit were asking about what exactly happened with their accounts since they were only loading it online via CC. It seems odd that they would be shut down if AMEX specifically said they could do it.

agrippa472

Level 2 Member
I found a couple reports on reddit from people who called Amex. It seemed as though even the CSRs & Supervisors had no idea why people were targeted. Quite a few people mentioned only loading Serve with CC as allowed and still got tagged for shut down. It sounds like Amex was looking to cut that program (Serve & BB) but only targeted people who had accounts opened before Nov 15.

My BB was closed while my wife's was not.
Here are some data points if you're interested:

PghRocks

This is exactly what you are not suppose to do. Raising red flags dude, by asking.
This kind of message board dogma did little to stop the bird-acalypse, hopefully now we can retire such fears, Banks gonna do what banks are gonna do, no point in yelling at people on the internet, you're trying to herd cats.

I closed mine per the email, and have been trying to reapply every day since, no dice. I left my wife's open because there has to be a reason amex didn't kill all the accounts themselves and issue checks - expense? maybe, my guess is its something more regulatory.

I did not called, but I did drop a letter in the mail today, per the death notice/email, asking for an explanation noting that I didn't break any of their rules.

William

I think Amex is trying to reduce these programs as they are not making a lot of money. For example, Amex for Target card is going away completely by March, RedBird was limited, and now BlueBird. With Amex loosing Costco's business, they are examining their costs and reducing it........ and we can clearly see this with the small business offer that was non-existent last year.