Select SPG properties/dates as low as $10/night

MIMS

Level 2 Member
I had a little heads up before this hit the blogs and picked up a weekend in a ~700 sq ft suite at the Sheraton Dallas for $20/night.

Other properties included the St. Regis for $30/night or it's Caroline Astor suite for $100/night, a sheraton in Atl and others i presume.

As you might expect these got snatched up quickly.

If you want to see if there are any left you need to manually search dates at these properties in November 2015.

Yes you read that correctly, 2015.

Reactions: Ish

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Just got an email denying this one... Thoughts on best practice?

Let it go?
Fight?

Cheers,

Matt

Alpen_Geoff

Level 2 Member
I'm going to put up a fight initially, especially as they've already charged me. St. Regis DC is trying to cancel but nothing from W Hollywood yet. I have a feeling that this may have been better accepted by SPG had it not made the big blog circuit. If OMAAT is to be believed a reader tipped him off to publish the post - interesting concept.

MIMS

Level 2 Member
I dunno. I would hope that they would comp you some points. I wouldn't really care if they cancelled the booking, but would want at least some points out of the deal.

I think that is fair and equitable no? They are losing money on the room, you as a good SPG member understand and are willing to let the room be cancelled, but you should at least receive a little compensation for the inconvenience and your gracious understanding in the situation ;)

Dallas hasn't gotten effected yet, so we'll see how that plays out.

As for this making the blog rounds, the comment sections are funny things. I got a good chuckle of the posts thinking it was awesome that a blog post was made, but then were in disbelief when the rooms dried up.

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
I will put up a bit of a fight. For now I am simply requesting that my reservation remains intact. Then I will dial up the intensity. Apparently DC has very strict unfair pricing/marketing/advertising laws... hhmmm

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I just sent a note asking for a little consideration... anyone have any success getting compensated for the disappointment?

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
The last post I read on FT was the typical BS response. We received many cancellation notices from other travellers and since they did not get anything, you don't get anything either. But I went through the same BS with another SPG property and after 6 weeks they agreed to honor the rate. But there were only 5-6 of us who ended up insisting upon that rate and that seemed to matter

fulthrust7

Level 2 Member
The last post I read on FT was the typical BS response. We received many cancellation notices from other travellers and since they did not get anything, you don't get anything either. But I went through the same BS with another SPG property and after 6 weeks they agreed to honor the rate. But there were only 5-6 of us who ended up insisting upon that rate and that seemed to matter
Try tweeting. They have more leverage at @SPG.

Alpen_Geoff

Level 2 Member
I've yet to get a response from @spg, tweeted them 3x about this so far and no responses at all. I've had a few back and forths with the email address they're communicating from but nothing remotely positive yet

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I got the BS reply today - haven't pushed as things are a bit hectic here, here is the reply:

Thank you for your email. It is very understandable that you are disappointed in our decision. Although we know you may disagree, the rate you were able to book on the website was significantly lower than the normal rates for The St. Regis D.C. and very clearly an error. That is why we notified you as quickly as we could and directly after we were made aware of the problem. Our Website Terms of Use, under Mis-Communications/Lost Transactions, give us the right to cancel these reservation or to adjust to the correct rate. When you confirmed your reservation, you agreed to the referenced terms of use. Rather than take that action with any notice to our guests, we wrote to inform you of the situation. Due to the vast number of reservations and nights booked at the very low error rate, The St. Regis D.C. simply cannot honor them. We regret having to disappoint our valued guests and truly hope you will eventually come to understand and accept the decision we had to make in this case. The hotel team will cancel reservations and credit all guests within the next few days. If you would like us to look at other hotels in the area and rates for November or some other timeframe, please let us know and we will have someone reach out.

Unfortunately we are not able to offer compensation. We have had a number of guests share their understanding of the situation and who have cancelled their reservations. To be fair to all guests, which is very important to us, we must respectfully decline your request.

Best Regards,