See your Official(?) Chase X/24 Count (their's is Less than my count)

Mancolt

Level 2 Member
Yes, you need to be under 5/24 to open any Chase cards. This includes cards from all banks, but business cards are not included. The only way to get around this is if you are pre-approved for cards, which you usually have to check in branch for.
That's not true. Quite a few Chase partner cards are exempt from 5/24. There's a large number of data points available on multiple sites confirming this. The ink business cards, southwest cards, and UR earning cards (and a couple other miscellaneous cards) are subject to 5/24. But I think the list of cards believed to be exempt from 5/24 is longer than the list of those subject to it.

Reactions: GEN

R.R.

Level 2 Member
That's not true. Quite a few Chase partner cards are exempt from 5/24.
Agreed. And I've been the beneficiary of this just recently. Several of the usual bloggers (OMAAT, VFTW) routinely post lists of the latest information that seems true on this.

seespotjump

Level 2 Member
That's not true. Quite a few Chase partner cards are exempt from 5/24. There's a large number of data points available on multiple sites confirming this. The ink business cards, southwest cards, and UR earning cards (and a couple other miscellaneous cards) are subject to 5/24. But I think the list of cards believed to be exempt from 5/24 is longer than the list of those subject to it.
You're right, I posted before thinking of the cards that aren't part of 5/24. Definitely something someone would have to read up and research on more in depth that just posting on a forum about.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Yes, you need to be under 5/24 to open any Chase cards. This includes cards from all banks, but business cards are not included. The only way to get around this is if you are pre-approved for cards, which you usually have to check in branch for.
Just as with anything else in life...not necessarily. If Chase doesn't want to issue you a card for whatever reason, 5/24 is a convenient excuse. If they do, or if you can convince them that they do, you'll get one whether you exceed it, even by a lot, or not.

seespotjump

Level 2 Member
Just as with anything else in life...not necessarily. If Chase doesn't want to issue you a card for whatever reason, 5/24 is a convenient excuse. If they do, or if you can convince them that they do, you'll get one whether you exceed it, even by a lot, or not.
I'd be interested in reading more about this. Do you have any DPs?

Edit: Just came across this thread. Interesting read.
https://saverocity.com/forum/threads/the-5-24-rule-is-nonsense.434965/#post-556617

CreditDratini

Level 2 Member
One more benefit of this Credit Journey business is that it's a ploy for Chase to gather information on potential customers. I recently got a CSP at like 11/24 b/c I signed up for CJ and got a pre-approval for the CSP a month later. Applied in branch, no hiccups at all. YMMV obviously, but I thought it worked out great

nsx

Level 2 Member
The new web pages at creditkarma list open accounts and closed accounts, but I can't see any way to sort them by opening date (or by any other factor). This is a serious loss of functionality.