Dismiss Notice
Welcome to The Forum. Please register here, to join the conversation. It only takes a moment!

See your Official(?) Chase X/24 Count (their's is Less than my count)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by knick1959, Jan 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. knick1959

knick1959 Level 2 Member

I've had a couple of days off and a long-term school commitment just ended, so I've been reading more online things that usual. I followed an FM link in THIS post:

Code:
    http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2016/12/30/december-2016-month-in-review/
    which led me to a new Chase-backed credit score site. Seems similar to Credit Karma or Credit Sesame, but way fewer features. The site is actually referencing TransUnion, branded with the Chase name.

Edit: here is the direct link to Chase's Credit Journey site:

Code:
    https://creditcards.chase.com/creditjourney
    The one thing this does offer that other sites don't is the count of opened accounts in the last 2 years. Is this Chase's official count? I'm going to hope so, because it's lower than what I manually count from my report directly. Here's a section of my page with 2 personal amounts edited out and my count circled:

1.PNG
    Manually counting myself, I was "down to" 24, but I counted my AU accounts. Perhaps Chase has adjusted? I see 7 AU account still showing for me. Taking those off MY count makes our counts much closer.

This site requires you to enter personal info including the last 4 of your SSN, and does ask you various multiple choice questioned mined directly from your credit report (ex: which of the following streets have you need associated with in the past including a NONE option). This is no different from the other 2 credit monitoring sites I mentioned.

One other perhaps important observation. Another link on that page talked about some Chase customers seeing their "offers" at the bottom of the main account screen. I see nothing, but perhaps that's because I HAVE nothing (noting the 15/24 count :)). But if you click on the upper-left menu icon in the new interface (it's officially called a hamburger icon for whatever reason), I found an "offers" menu option there. I still have nothing :(. I am not sure if this list would match what you find by checking in-person. Just pointing it out.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • List
  2. pointsaholic

pointsaholic Love this game!

This is good info --- Unfortunately, mine is 28 :(

3. GetawaysRus

GetawaysRus Level 2 Member

I looked at this as well. It matches with what I can also see at Credit Karma.

Remember, however, that the total number of accounts in the past 24 months includes authorized user accounts and store credit cards. So I've got several new accounts which are are my wife's accounts (and I am an authorized user to help her meet the spend) and I also show a new account which was for a Target card (that I only use as Target).

I'm under the impression that if I were to apply for a new Chase card and get turned down, I could make a recon call and ask them to disregard the AU accounts and the Target account from my 24 month history. I hope that's true.... I'm planning to apply for a Sapphire Reserve in mid-2017. I will still be above 5/24 according to Credit Journey, but under 5/24 if they don't count the AU accounts and the Target store card.

Here's how to do this same thing at creditkarma.com. After sign-on:
    1. Click “Credit Reports” on the left side of the screen
    2. Under “Accounts,” select either Equifax or TransUnion (whichever shows more accounts)
    3. Click the “Credit Cards” blue link under Equifax (or TransUnion)
    4. You get a list of accounts. Click “Open Date” to sort by that column. If needed, click again to reverse the sort (to most recent first)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  4. R.R.

R.R. Level 2 Member

Interesting exercise -- I'm listed at 23 new accts in past 24 months.

5. baffld

baffld Level 2 Member

This is a great site. Mine says I've opened 6, with 3 inquiries. Will check again in Feb and March to see if it drops. Maybe I can safely go into a Chase bank and apply for the CSR before that bonus ends after all. Thank you, knick1959!

6. Belisarius

Belisarius Level 2 Member

Shows me with a 815 credit score and 13/24. Seems a little light, but that's probably a function of multiple combined inquiries.

7. Dangaroo

Dangaroo Level 2 Member

So I'm seeing 17 opened accounts in prior 2 yrs, but my count of just my own cards (not including AUs, and there are no store cards) is 37 opened accounts since Feb 2015 (threw out Jan 2015 just in case they do). So my count is 20 off.

Two theories for the difference:
    • Of those 37 cards I have exactly 17 open
    • Somehow doesn't include duplicate cards - i.e. getting the same card multiple times (but this doesn't make sense, and this brings my number down to 25-27 depending on what you count as a duplicate)
    Can anyone else compare their "Opened Accounts" number to their manual Opened & Active count.

Makes me wonder, if Chase uses this source, do they just count Opened & Active vs. simply Opened. My count of 17 Opened & Active seems very coincidental that it matches with their count.

8. Belisarius

Belisarius Level 2 Member

My two cents:
    • Both Credit Karma and Chase Journey use Transunion 3.0 and my credit score is identical on both...
    • But Chase Journey lists me at 13/24 open accounts. Credit Karma has me at 18/24 open
    • Re:duplicates. Could Chase view a consecutive opening and closing of the same product as a lost/stolen "same" account rather than a new account? If so, that means you could churn certain cards with no consideration to 5/24

9. cavil

cavil Level 2 Member

Geez...I feel so inadequate compared to you guys---I'm at only 3/24 and the third of those three is the CSR I got in Dec. Once I started MSing the impetus to keep opening new cards just wasn't there anymore.

10. R.R.

R.R. Level 2 Member

I'm the opposite. If there are opportunities for new cards with bonuses, the impetus for MS (which I enjoy less) is reduced.

11. knick1959

knick1959 Level 2 Member

You have to MS quite a bit to get a 50k bonus. I prefer the automatic huge multiplier inferred by a signup bonus (Spend 3k, get 53k = 17.67x). I still generate spend the Hard Way, but always on the lookout for those multipliers!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  12. R.R.

R.R. Level 2 Member

Precisely my preferences!