Save $15 on Carnival Gift Cards at Publix--Expires Jan. 1, 2016

plane2port

Level 2 Member

You can get $15 off of Carnival gift cards at Publix supermarkets when you buy $50 or more in groceries. At lower denominations, this is even a better deal than the AARP or Verizon gift cards which offer 10% off. You will find the Carnival gift cards at the gift card rack.

Notice this card is a variable load card-- you can load any amount from $25 to $500. To use the coupon you would have to load at least $100. This gives you more flexibility than the AAPG or Verizon cards which come in denominations of $100 or $500. This makes it nice if you have a specific amount that you need for your next cruise. The sweet spot is any amount from $100 to $150, which will make your discount at least 10%.

You can get the coupon online at Publix.com, or you can ask for it at the customer service desk. It is not in the circular that they put in the front of the store. This is the one that they stick inside the newspaper every week, but they keep extras at customer service.

You can use the gift cards when you book the cruise, or you can use them for on board credit for cruises you already have booked. My next post will give more details on how to use the cards.

plane2port

Level 2 Member
Yes of course! The maximum discount you can get via other venues is 10 percent. So anything in the $100 to $149 range beats the discounts on aarp and Verizon cards. Greatest discount is 15 percent on the $100 cards.

plane2port

Level 2 Member
Just picked one up at Publix. Got the coupon at customer service. Picked up some groceries and wine. At checkout they told me that wine couldn't count for the $50 spend so I went back and got 6 bags of coffee. The cashier loaded $100 onto the variable load Carnival GC. I paid with Amex BC so my effective discount is over 18 percent. $100-$15=$85-$4.25 CB = $81.75= 18.25% discount