Blog Post Saturday Special: Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows

tmount

Administrator

Reason for Choosing

My wife ended up staying at the Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows for few days while in Denver for work. It’s not to0 far from the airport, only about 30-40 minutes with no tolls. Also, there are good places to grab dinner and go shopping near by. Plus if one wants to go into Denver the light rail Lincoln station is within walking distance.

Lobby and Check-in/Check-out Experience

The Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows has a large lobby that includes a restaurant and bar. Check-in was efficient for a Monday afternoon, and check-out was a breeze for a very early Friday morning.

Lobby

Where the hotel stood out

One phrase for where the hotel stands out is in their personnel.

They serve breakfast, dinner and dessert during the working week (so Sunday night dinner through Friday morning breakfast). It is a good size lounge but it can get a bit cramped in the morning if there are a lot of elites in the hotel.

Lounge

If one prefers to work in their room there is plenty of desk space and it seems that every room has pretty good natural light.

Desk

The rooms are good size and the closet has a full length mirror which is great for when you’re rushing out to a business meeting (and want to make sure you’re put together).

Bedroom

Where the hotel fell a little short​

While the room and the hotel in general are great for work travel, the bathroom was only okay. Given the fact that the room was handicap accessible it was a good size but the tub was a bit on the high side (not nearly as high as United Kingdom style, which requires a step ladder). It didn’t bother my wife but she was a little concerned that it could be hard to get into and out of easily.

Bathroom

Wrapping Up​

This has become one of my wife’s favorite hotels to stay at while in Denver. I fully expect that I’ll be staying with her at some point in the upcoming year. Boiled down – its good for work, and I think it would be good for folks trying to stay in Denver economically and traveling via the light rail into Denver proper.

Continue reading...