Sapphire Reserved Authorized User question

Jmendoza

Ok now that the Reserve has been out for a little while, I have a question: If I add an authorized user (pay the $75 fee) then decide I want to drop them (have met min spending requirements) could I then get the pro-rated fee back? Basically I want my wife to use the card on all expenses to help meet min spending requirements, but then recoup the money from the fee once I've done that.

Coldmode

I haven't seen anything about it. You might want to send an SM and ask so you can get whatever they say in writing. The card is so new you may have to be the guinea pig!

Jmendoza

So I messaged Chase and got this reply, among the usual things (credit reporting, payment responsibility, etc for the authorized user).

"Let me share, if you wish to remove the Authorized User
from your account you will receive a refund of the $75.00
annual fee only if the Authorized User was added within
180 days. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. "

So it sounds like to aid in min spending that adding one within 180 days would help and still allow you to cancel and receive the $75 refund.

Coldmode

So I messaged Chase and got this reply, among the usual things (credit reporting, payment responsibility, etc for the authorized user).

"Let me share, if you wish to remove the Authorized User
from your account you will receive a refund of the $75.00
annual fee only if the Authorized User was added within
180 days. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. "

So it sounds like to aid in min spending that adding one within 180 days would help and still allow you to cancel and receive the $75 refund.
Yeah, that's how that reads to me. And now since you did an SM you have it in writing if they try to give you any problems when you go for the refund on the AU in a few months.

JivyIvy

Level 2 Member
Did everyone receive the metallic cards for all AUs on their account?

I suspiciously got one plastic while all the others are metal. I assumed it was a shortage issue due to all the hype and demand, but it's been several months now.

Jmendoza

I received a plastic one with a letter of intent to send me a metallic one when it was restocked. They probably have them now but I'm not sure why I haven't gotten mine. I am gonna send a message to see if I can get one

JivyIvy

Level 2 Member
I received a plastic one with a letter of intent to send me a metallic one when it was restocked. They probably have them now but I'm not sure why I haven't gotten mine. I am gonna send a message to see if I can get one
Thanks, I never received such a letter myself. I'm going to call this afternoon and ask them to send out an updated card this week.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Here's my thought: how much is it worth to have your account stay open? Sure, they will refund the $75. But you are spending it to make an extra $1000, right? Why on earth jeopardize that for $75?

CC companies are getting wise to the ways that people use them to accrue sign up bonuses and then dump them to get their money back. And Chase is certainly not shy about abruptly cancelling accounts.

Jmendoza

I just received this from Chase:

? Cards will have the same account number and expiration
date as their plastic card and you should receive your
hand-crafted embedded metal card by the end of November

So expect it by the end of next month.

mlick41954

Level 2 Member
I had originally added my wife as an AU and paid the $75. Then decided to get her own card for the bonus. Chase did confirm the refund if she is removed as an AU. My question is, are they any issues adding her back as an AU once we cancel her account next year?