Safeway: $10 off Next Shopping Trip WYB $100+ MC GC (Thru 8/12)

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
This coupon printed out during my SW run this morning...

Buy $100 or more in Mastercard Gift Cards & get $10 off your next shopping visit.

Excludes variable gift card. Limit 1 offer per Household. Must be purchased with Club Card, Subject to availability. See gift cards for details, terms, conditions, applicable fees. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. Product offer may not be available in all states. The MasterCard" Gift Card is issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from MasterCard" International Incorporated.

I don't recall the terms of the $100 Visa offer (limit 1 per Club card). But it looks like this is one per Club card. Hypothetically, one could signup for another Club card with random info, etc...Note: it takes a week for the rewards card to be active (the store has to send out the rewards application).

2014_07_18_09_12_15.jpg

Miles Mademoiselle

Level 2 Member
I've taken advantage of these in the past and usually buy variable load cards ($500). When the $10 coupon doesn't print, I ask the cashier about it and they almost always accept my in-hand coupon (these are also featured in the weekly adds available at the store or mailed out) and they give me a $10 bill in return. Most checkers don't know or care what "variable gift cards" are.

Also, for the first time ever, I got 1,000 gas points ($1.00 off per gallon) at Safeway last night when I purchased a $500 MC. This is my umpteenth purchase and the first time I've ever gotten gas points for it. Is this a temporary (or even one-time) glitch or are the gas gods finally smiling down on us??