Sacramento/SMF

MarkD

Level 2 Member
A few of us are meeting up this Saturday, September 6th.

The Red Rabbit Kitchen and Bar
2718 J St
Sacramento, CA 95816

6:30 pm

MarkD

Level 2 Member
Tentatively it is scheduled for either October 18th or 25th. It may get pushed back - so far there have not been a lot responses. It will be holiday time soon and a very busy time of year.

salmon51

Level 2 Member
If anyone interested in meeting up this weekend or next let me know! It would be nice to meet some people in the area.

salmon51

Level 2 Member
I'm interested in meeting up if that date works for you guys. I'm out in Davis so meeting somewhere in Sacramento would work for me.

essenn

Level 2 Member
Well, no more input since Thursday, so looks like 5 of us in this thread so far. How about Sat., Nov 1 in the Galleria area or somewhere along Douglas? Since MarkD is in the area, question to @salmon51, @MrMcBean, and @Supreet, are you familiar with those areas? Is there somewhere more convenient? I'm flexible.

MarkD

Level 2 Member
Arden is a zoo on weekends. How 'bout the Truxel area. Easier on/off I-80. Restaurant/bar? Working lunch?:)
Somewhere closer to Sacramento, would work better for me. Maybe at Arden Fair? What do you guys think?
I'm up for either area but can't make it until at least 5:00 PM. Does after 5:00 work for everyone? I can spread the word on the 'other' forum as well.

essenn

Level 2 Member
I'm up for either area but can't make it until at least 5:00 PM. Does after 5:00 work for everyone? I can spread the word on the 'other' forum as well.
UhOh, that's too late for me on that day. I was hoping more for lunch time. If a majority want a late meet-up, I'll have to make it another time.

MarkD

Level 2 Member
Sounds good. Sunday, November 2nd at 11:00 AM near Truxel/Natomas. Know of a place to meet at?

MarkD

Level 2 Member
Right now I think it is only guys that are in this thread (correct me if I'm wrong) but on the other forum there are several women who live in Sac.

As of now I haven't heard of any of them that are interested in attending but I just posted the details. There are a couple guys I've met with previously that are planning to attend.

If we do get some female interest then I'd prefer a neutral site. Applebees? Chilis?

essenn

Level 2 Member
Right now I think it is only guys that are in this thread (correct me if I'm wrong) but on the other forum there are several women who live in Sac.

As of now I haven't heard of any of them that are interested in attending but I just posted the details. There are a couple guys I've met with previously that are planning to attend.

If we do get some female interest then I'd prefer a neutral site. Applebees? Chilis?
I forgot about Applebees. They're all closed out this way. Let's aim for there anyway. 11 am. 11/2. OK?
To which other forums are you referring? BTW, I wouldn't assume just guys by user name or profile.

MarkD

Level 2 Member
The other forum is TravelCodex. I am assuming of course since I don't know you, @salmon51, @MrMcBean or @Supreet. I did a little detective work. Since you were the one who suggested Hooters I'm guessing you are male. :cool: Salmon51 and Supreet's profiles says male and MrMcBean is... well ... a mystery? :D

Meet at Applebees. Don't forget that the time change is on Sunday. Fall back an hour. Look forward to meeting up!

I'm OK with whatever place has the biggest TVs for football... :p

salmon51

Level 2 Member
Some other options that might work depending on other's opinions are BJ's and Pork Belly Grub Shack. Or Applebees works too, just throwing out some other places.

essenn

Level 2 Member
The other forum is TravelCodex. I am assuming of course since I don't know you, @salmon51, @MrMcBean or @Supreet. I did a little detective work. Since you were the one who suggested Hooters I'm guessing you are male. :cool: Salmon51 and Supreet's profiles says male and MrMcBean is... well ... a mystery? :D

Meet at Applebees. Don't forget that the time change is on Sunday. Fall back an hour. Look forward to meeting up!

I'm OK with whatever place has the biggest TVs for football... :p
Damn, that was pretty silly of me leaving all those clues, but I thought Hooters was an aviary dedicated to Owls?? It's not??
Ditto on the football.

Are we settled on Applebees, 11 am, Nov 2? Or shall we continue the where?
And...don't forget to "fall back".

Oh, and I'll be wearing a black hat with a really angry looking redwood tree on it. Fear the Tree. Go Stanford!!!!

Last edited:

essenn

Level 2 Member
You know how to recognize me (hat), how 'bout you guys?? Speedo's, PJ's, shirts on inside out?? Gimme somethin'!!

MarkD

Level 2 Member
You know how to recognize me (hat), how 'bout you guys?? Speedo's, PJ's, shirts on inside out?? Gimme somethin'!!
Haha. I don't think I've ever thought about my wardrobe more than 5 minutes in advance. I'll wear my San Jose Sharks hat. I'll also PM my cell number.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
Gosh you guys sound like fun. Please post the minutes so I can decide next time if it's worth a 2hr. drive:). I guess I couldn't get you all to have any interest in meeting in Sonoma?

MarkD

Level 2 Member
Travel with Grant was planning a Sacramento meetup sometime soon at In-n-Out. Possible dates are March 21st or 28th.

I just wanted to mention it here to make everyone aware. I wouldn't be surprised though if the date gets pushed out. Check his Twitter feed for an announcement.