Ritz Carlton Visa & The Marriott Flight & Hotel Packages

• Thread starter RamboAroundTheWorld
  • Start date
R

RamboAroundTheWorld

I was surprised someone since its the hottest thing since Delta Points' last pumping post. I was thinking about doing this on the 2nd along with another family member to combine all the points into one of the flight deals. For 300k points I could effectively get a 7 night stay and 120k miles with United. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me and I haven't really been able to talk myself out of it so far. What's everyone's thought on the value here?

Barb

Level 2 Member
I am planning to do this as well except I am going to take 120K Southwest miles instead so I can get the companion pass. We do a lot of domestic flying and this would work well for us. Soft benefits on the RC card sound pretty decent too. Just hoping that it is as easy to use the airline credit as it is with Amex.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

That's a great deal also. Seems people are getting away with tiny gift cards do they look like baggage fees and whatnot. Don't know if you can ultimately have southwest combine them later.

$600 in gift cards would be a very sweet haul out of this.

Barb

Level 2 Member
Applied over the phone yesterday. My husband got instant approval. I got the "we'll let you know in 10 business days". My plan is to immediate do the spends to get the RC/Marriott points and then have my husband transfer his RC points to me in early January. I'll redeem for the Hotel/Travel package then so that I qualify for the Companion Pass in January 2015 so I get nearly two years of CP. (valid until December 2016.)

plane2port

Level 2 Member
Are you sure that the points are transferable? Also, would like some positive feedback, if anyone has any, on buying gift cards for the "airline incidentals" category.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

Are you sure that the points are transferable? Also, would like some positive feedback, if anyone has any, on buying gift cards for the "airline incidentals" category.
I called in and asked about transferability. So long as you and your transferer/transferee have the same address you should be ok.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

Applied today over the phone. Called into the recon line an hour later and got approved for $5k.