Ritz Carlton Visa: How quickly do 3 free nts post after making min. spend?

AlaskanTraveler

Level 2 Member
Anyone know how quickly the three free nights will become available after making the $5k min spend? I'm looking at staying at the ritz in Maui middle of November.

JivyIvy

Level 2 Member
Are there any alternate promos or older signup bonuses that award points instead of nights; similar to earlier SPG AmEx that could still be had via referral links? I obviously know about the Marriott branded cards but I'm asking specifically about this Ritz cc.

Thx

EddieLV

Just another DP: wife and I applied for the Ritz card when they had the 3 free nights rewards, and the free nights showed up in my Ritz/Marriott account within days of hitting minimum spend, before the statement closed.

Incidentally, I'm using our total of 6 free nights for the Ritz Kapalua Maui for this September!

smittytabb

Staff member
Just another DP: wife and I applied for the Ritz card when they had the 3 free nights rewards, and the free nights showed up in my Ritz/Marriott account within days of hitting minimum spend, before the statement closed.

Incidentally, I'm using our total of 6 free nights for the Ritz Kapalua Maui for this September!
I really like that property. I went in December when it was decorated for Xmas and it was gorgeous.

Lappie

Level 2 Member

Have stayed there and played golf many times. Too many really, but my wife and I love Maui.

TIP: Hit The Gazebo just down the street for some great Macadamia pancakes! Get there early, as a line forms quick.

I just used the Ritz promotion from years ago for the (I think it was) 140000 points and my wife and I got it. Ended up using most of the points on a cert to Kauai Marriott for this May (ended up asking for a 1 year extension) and WN points. God, that was a great deal.

Have never stayed there, nor even stayed on Kauai (no Ritz). Just wanted a change of pace. Of course, we are flying to the other islands while we are there, but 7 days at the Marriott.

Dont have the card anymore, really miss that weapon!

Last edited:

dr0832

Level 2 Member
Even better than Gazebo restaurant is the place on the opposite end of the beach. I forget the name. They have something called the Haleakala Pankakes with Kahuna Cream on the side. This is to die for. Seriously. The macadamia pancakes are good but you can find them at many places in Maui, but the dish I mentioned is one of a kind...

Jackgamer

Level 2 Member
You gotta love the flexibility of the (manual) $300 airfare upgrade that this card offered. I just booked an IB award in J JFK-MAD for 34k miles and about $200 and the rep on the phone did not need any convincing to credit that right back.:)