Rite Aid Gold Status (20% off Storewide)

pstravels

Level 2 Member
Nice. My Plenti card didn't activate properly unfortunately. But they were giving 1k points for 2 VGC purchase and this week are doing the same for 2 Amex GC purchases.

I think 1k points is like 10 dollars.

Didn't know there was a gold status. Nice. THANKS!!

Might be opportunities for resell despite RA's markup.

Dan

Level 2 Member
Just an FYI, but if you earn Gold now, it's good until Dec 31, 2016. (its good the year you earn it and the entire next calendar year).

Yeshu

Level 2 Member
Just saw the 2 Vanillas for 500 Plenti points offer again at my Rite Aid (limit 2 transactions). Bought 2 and the 500 points (good for $5 off next purchase) were posted to my receipt, will know after next purchase if I also got Wellness status credit for the purchase.
Thanks much. Will buy some.

Weezl

Level 2 Member
I see a deal in So Cal for 800 points per $50 Best Buy GC at RA. Limit 2 per Plenti card.

Pinkeleph

Level 2 Member
ah. I appreciate RA for still selling PayPals via CC, but I've found Welness+ and now Plenti to be pretty useless. The gold is a nice attention-getter, but their markups are horrendous!

crapz1

Level 2 Member
You guys are lucky. The RA near me refuses to sell any prepaid products with CC. I'll give it to them though, they're all well trained. No matter what cashier/shift, I always get the same answer.

Rick351714

Level 2 Member
I have actually used the line, "I'm using Apple Pay" after the cashier tells me debit/cash only. So far on 5 or 6 tries, no issues. Try it out and let me know how it goes.

MarylandMike

I've never understood their Wellness+ system. Not well described and never have I received a coupon or bonus for it. CVS is far more clear in their bonus currency, IMO.
Plus if Walgreens swallows RA sooner than later, whats that mean for a year of gold status? Legal might take a year anyhow, probably safe to enjoy it.

sbft77

Level 2 Member
kelcells, were the Vanilla GCs you bought MasterCard or Visa?
Based on my receipts, it kinda looks like MasterCard GCs count towards Wellness+ Gold status, and Visa/AmEx GCs don't.

For the 20% off with Gold, note that it gives you the lower of the current sale price and 20% off the regular price. So if you only buy items on sale, you might not benefit much from the 20% off.

One nice thing about the Plenti points is that they expire after 2 years, which is much longer than competing drugstore programs (CVS/Walgreens). (CVS in my area was previously nicer, taking expired CVS coupons/extrabucks, but they've pretty much stopped doing that.)