Review: The Castle Hotel Orlando

tmount

Administrator

I had a short trip to Orlando recently and wanted something a little bit different. The Castle Hotel Orlando is part of Marriott’s Autograph Collection. I’m familiar with other hotels in the collection, such as the Casa Monica in St. Augustine, which I’ve had the pleasure of dining at but not staying. That said, I was excited to have the chance to finally stay at one of the Autograph Collection hotels.

The Castle Hotel, Orlando FL

The Castle Hotel Orlando

We arrived at the hotel late, it was after 11pm by the time we got there. The lobby was rather eclectically decorated.

Lobby

Lobby

The check in experience was pretty good, aside from poor timing on my part, in walking in after a multi-room family walked in to check-in. The front desk associate was apologetic and was kind enough to give us a $10 credit to the lobby bar, which was all we needed to convince us to check it out.

There were a number of people sitting at the actual bar, so we went back to take better photos in the morning.

The Lobby Bar

There was also a nice sitting area outside the bar near the elevator, in the event you wanted to get a slightly quieter atmosphere.

Even the elevators were rather intricately decorated.

Once up on the 6th floor, the decor was fairly consistent:

Hallway

Hallway

The Castle Hotel Orlando – The Room

The room was your fairly standard look, with only slightly eclectic accouterments.

Bed

Dresser / TV / Desk

The bathroom was pretty standard business hotel, but with Kessler Amenities.

Sink

Shower

The Pool

The Castle Hotel had a smallish pool and hot tub that seemed like it could be nice to enjoy on a warm day.

Heading out to the pool

Pool

Then there was the hot tub.

Hot Tub

Final Thoughts

Overall, I felt the The Castle Hotel to be a perfectly sufficient hotel for a quick overnight. I enjoyed the lobby bar, as well as the unique decor. I’m not sure that I’d necessarily pay a premium for the hotel, but, for the night that I did stay there, it was comparable priced. If you’re in that type of a situation, then I’d definitely recommend giving this hotel a shot!

Have you ever stayed at the Castle Hotel?

Continue reading...