Resolved: Something running on this site is crushing my tablet

labboypro

Chief Factotum
For at least a couple of months, any time I use my keyboard (like posting this message), something is seriously adversely affecting my efforts to type. As an example, I just one finger typed this sentence before a single character typed <--[to this point] out on the screen. My keystrokes are steady tap, tap, tap, with nothing appearing, then a buzz of keystrokes coming out of the buffer at lightning speed.

It is a relatively modern Samsung tablet running 5.1.1, NOT rooted, not running any off-the-wall apps, and not experiencing this issue on ANY other website I frequent. I have rebooted seceral times in the past coyple of months with no effect. I don't know what else to offer here as I wouldn't know what to look for under the covers.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
I’m having the same problem and keep getting bumped off the site. I thought it was my iPad as far as the typing/keyboard issues.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear it. I'm not sure what might be the issue from this but will try to do some updates to see if that helps.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
I keep getting the message “This page was reloaded because a problem occurred.” It’s not happening on other sites.

labboypro

Chief Factotum
Mine is only the keyboard issue. But, with mine being Chrome and @GettingReady using some iOS-based browser, maybe mine is only seeing the one symptom to a "two-symptom" problem. Or... maybe they aren't directly related issues.

Also, thanks for always being so responsive, @Matt.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Mine is only the keyboard issue. But, with mine being Chrome and @GettingReady using some iOS-based browser, maybe mine is only seeing the one symptom to a "two-symptom" problem. Or... maybe they aren't directly related issues.

Also, thanks for always being so responsive, @Matt.
We can try to upgrade, but one of the things that might get hit is the private groups. These are currently provided by Add-On which will likely not work. I can likely rebuild them manually, but the content might be lost.

labboypro

Chief Factotum
That sound excruciating. Do you know for sure that the issue relates to, or can be fixed by the upgrade?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
So we did some major upgrades, hopefully it's better now! @labboypro and @GettingReady

As mentioned, this might involve losing some Private (Personal zones) so if you are affected by that let me know and I will rebuild one for you.