Resolved: Something running on this site is crushing my tablet

labboypro

Chief Factotum
For at least a couple of months, any time I use my keyboard (like posting this message), something is seriously adversely affecting my efforts to type. As an example, I just one finger typed this sentence before a single character typed <--[to this point] out on the screen. My keystrokes are steady tap, tap, tap, with nothing appearing, then a buzz of keystrokes coming out of the buffer at lightning speed.

It is a relatively modern Samsung tablet running 5.1.1, NOT rooted, not running any off-the-wall apps, and not experiencing this issue on ANY other website I frequent. I have rebooted seceral times in the past coyple of months with no effect. I don't know what else to offer here as I wouldn't know what to look for under the covers.

labboypro

Chief Factotum
Mine is only the keyboard issue. But, with mine being Chrome and @GettingReady using some iOS-based browser, maybe mine is only seeing the one symptom to a "two-symptom" problem. Or... maybe they aren't directly related issues.

Also, thanks for always being so responsive, @Matt.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Mine is only the keyboard issue. But, with mine being Chrome and @GettingReady using some iOS-based browser, maybe mine is only seeing the one symptom to a "two-symptom" problem. Or... maybe they aren't directly related issues.

Also, thanks for always being so responsive, @Matt.
We can try to upgrade, but one of the things that might get hit is the private groups. These are currently provided by Add-On which will likely not work. I can likely rebuild them manually, but the content might be lost.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
So we did some major upgrades, hopefully it's better now! @labboypro and @GettingReady

As mentioned, this might involve losing some Private (Personal zones) so if you are affected by that let me know and I will rebuild one for you.