Reminders?

HanoiIG

Silver Member
Perhaps it's just inadvertence, perhaps the effects of age, but I've made a few mistakes lately and only dumb luck enabled me to rectify them. I thought I had the bonus for Delta Platinum card, but, when checking realized that there was an annual fee involved which doesn't count towards spend. Luckily I have 18 days left so was able to do it.

I also cancelled my Hilton Honors Ascend to save the fee, then realized that the plain no fee card doesn't give me Gold status. I called to get "upgraded" but the rep reminded me that AX Platinum already gives me that status. The expensive Hilton card gives you Diamond status but that doesn't really give me anything that Gold does not.

Anyway, what do people do to remind themselves and to keep track of spend? Actually, it may not really matter as I have so many cards and so many miles/points that with 5/24 and AX no repeat rule I may not get too many more cards.

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
I downloaded the reminder app that does the job for me once I set it 12 months ahead. I also use Google calendar for such things.

It also helps me track when I opened a bank account and when to close it.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
I downloaded the reminder app that does the job for me once I set it 12 months ahead. I also use Google calendar for such things.

Why do you close bank accounts?

Dante

Anyway, what do people do to remind themselves and to keep track of spend? Actually, it may not really matter as I have so many cards and so many miles/points that with 5/24 and AX no repeat rule I may not get too many more cards.
I use a spreadsheet for cc’s, and another for miles tracking, they’re stored in Roboform (as a text file as it doesn’t support spreadsheets:( ). I use the google keep app for todo lists.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
I have a whiteboard by my laptop that I use for a To-Do list. For Jan, I have Discover Grocery Spend, CCs with airline credits, Saks, AOs to use, etc. I also track spend for SUBs.

Spreadsheets are for more detailed information.

jnjustice

I have a Google calendar for things like this but for Minimum spends I keep track of my application date, min spend by date and progress in a Google sheet.

I also update that, my amex offers and points balances one once a week so I'll know if any points to missing unexpectedly and also if I'm having anything come up as far as fees and close in min spends.