Recommendations for Nile River Cruises

knick1959

Level 2 Member
Hello old friends. I'm not expecting many of you to still be around, but I'll also post this query elsewhere.

I'm not a big fan of cruising, yet the recent FM-inspired hubbub has be still chasing a "free" cruise (unlikely to really happen - it has to be a cruise I actually want to take! Looking for something in 2024 now). But it also inspired me/us to pay for one this fall (Greek Islands).

But, what we want to do SOON (next 2 years, likely Spring 2025) is cruise the Nile River. My research is well underway but the options are overwhelming. I've toyed with Viking and AMA, but the prices seem, well, very high end and at least mixed reviews for one of these. I see many midrange-priced cruises, and the fact is, too many options.

Who's taken a Nile River cruise? Would you recommend it? Or warn me about it??

TIA.

Cmonman76

Level 2 Member
Hello old friends. I'm not expecting many of you to still be around, but I'll also post this query elsewhere.

I'm not a big fan of cruising, yet the recent FM-inspired hubbub has be still chasing a "free" cruise (unlikely to really happen - it has to be a cruise I actually want to take! Looking for something in 2024 now). But it also inspired me/us to pay for one this fall (Greek Islands).

But, what we want to do SOON (next 2 years, likely Spring 2025) is cruise the Nile River. My research is well underway but the options are overwhelming. I've toyed with Viking and AMA, but the prices seem, well, very high end and at least mixed reviews for one of these. I see many midrange-priced cruises, and the fact is, too many options.

TIA.
You are correct, this place is a ghost town now. I only pop in when I notice the bookmark and am bored. No idea on a river cruise. Most people I know do Viking but typically in Europe.
Have fun on your Greek Islands big cruise. We just went to Santorini and Athens at the end of May and enjoyed that. Said while we were there that a cruise around the Mediterranean would sure be a cool thing to do.

sacredpray

TIA.

I think 2025 will be coming soon, A Nile River cruise does seem like a really cool experience https://eatsleepbreathetravel.com/egypt-nile-cruise/ you could check this blog about best way to experience Nile cruise, but before going to Egypt please do check the Egypt travel advisory like this https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Egypt.html knowing what's going on outside near Egypt... and if you plan on getting off board I recommend you to get hire a guide for safety purposes they know better there you could try checking this out also https://gowithguide.com/egypt . But I hope you have fun going there and smooth cruising!

sacredpray

TIA.

Have fun!