Quick Tip Regarding Pharms

Lucas

Silver Member
I don't believe it's advertised anywhere, but my local Albertsons will give you a $25 Albertsons GC the first time you fill a prescription with them if you ask. I've hopped to several Albertsons within the area, and even done several pharmacists within the same Albertsons. Maybe a bit borderline immoral, but you would think in 2014 they would have a system in place to track if it is actually your first filled prescription with them. Cheers.

Haley

I am not a robot
I don't believe it's advertised anywhere, but my local Albertsons will give you a $25 Albertsons GC the first time you fill a prescription with them if you ask. I've hopped to several Albertsons within the area, and even done several pharmacists within the same Albertsons. Maybe a bit borderline immoral, but you would think in 2014 they would have a system in place to track if it is actually your first filled prescription with them. Cheers.
That is a flash from the past.
Used to be Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, and Safeway all offered this on New or Transferred Rx. New was defined as not a refill, so anything the doc handed you or called in would count. If the pharmacy you wanted $25 at didn't have a current coupon out you could get them to match any local offer.

$25 each

One ear infection was often 3 Rx with my kids.

Use the gift cards with the loyalty programs (free after extra bucks used to be my favorite phrase) and turn it into $1000+ worth of merchandise. Much if it is easy to resell. Unopened make-up, nail polish, contact solution, random crap. Plus some stores allowed you to buy any GC with a store GC back then. Heck, people used to sell the $25 in ad coupons in ebay.

Jaime

Level 2 Member
I have two medications as well as my husband's two...I use the rite aid, kroger, kmart, meijers, and occasional walgreens transfer coupons every month. That's $100 in free store credit. I haven't paid for paper products in years. It's fun to stack deals too, using rite aid's up rewards with my $50 transfer 2 rx credit and newspaper coupons. There is an upside to being chronically sick. :(