Quick Hits: How to use Disney Mobile Ordering for food and beverage

asthejoeflies

Staff member

Walt Disney World introduced Disney mobile ordering for food and beverages and it is wonderful. You have to wait in plenty of lines at Disney World – don’t wait in line for your food and drink. Here’s a simple guide for how to use mobile ordering. I used a dole whip at Aloha Isle in Adventureland as an example – something EVERYONE should do!

Note: If you have any discounts like an annual pass discount, you still have to stand in line and go to the counter to order if you want to use it. Sadface.

1. Download the My Disney Experience app

You probably downloaded the My Disney Experience app from Google Play or the app store already, but if you haven’t, do so.

2. Choose a restaurant that supports mobile ordering

You can find a list of participating restaurants here, or check out my screenshot below:

3. Click “Order Food” in the My Disney Experience app and build your order

Open up the My Disney Experience app and you should see a link to “Order Food”. From there, you will see a list of restaurants to choose from. Click through and you will see a menu, order what you would like. You can see the restaurant hours in the app so you know if something is closed.

4. Note the time you can pick up your food

The restaurant won’t actually start preparing your order until you arrive, so note the timeframe for picking up your order.

5. Order your food!

The My Disney Experience app will automatically default to the card associated with your account but you can also add a new card. You can also use Disney Dining Plan allotments via the app. (Related: How to save money with the Disney Dining Plan).

You can use your Disney Dining Plan to pay for your mobile order
6. When you arrive at the restaurant, click “I’m here!” in the app

If you have location services on, I think the app actually detects when you’re near your restaurant and sends you a push notification. Either way, when you arrive at your restaurant, just click “I’m here” and they’ll start getting your food ready. You have to be nearby so it’s not like you can do this from the other side of the park.

7. Find the mobile ordering line, pick up your food, and enjoy!

The reason I love mobile ordering is I don’t have to wait in line. I ordered my Dole Whip while I was buckling my seatbelt on Magic Carpets of Aladdin and said “I’m here” while I was in the air. We got off the ride, I walked right to the mobile ordering line, and we enjoyed our Dole Whip right then and there. Brilliant.

Why wait in the line on the right?
Final Thoughts

I think mobile ordering is pretty intuitive, but hopefully this post gives you a good refresher before you head to the parks. I can’t stress this enough, download the My Disney Experience app. It’s greatly improved, and very useful for all sorts of things like mobile ordering and Fastpass monitoring.

Have you used mobile ordering yet? Do you feel it’s as life changing as I did? Let me know in the comments.

Never miss a post! Subscribe below and receive an e-mail once a day for new posts from asthejoeflies. Also, follow our family adventures on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

Subscribe to asthejoeflies

First Name

Email Address

Continue reading...