Pre Paid rooms no HHonors points...anyone heard of this?

Sherri Ko

Just passing on what I was told in Rome. I booked a pre paid stay - no Hilton Honors points are awarded. The rate was good, but I'm not sure as good as the points that didn't post on 6 rooms because it was pre paid. If this is correct be informed.

I did check my account upon returning and yes no points posted. I do have a contact number for a rep in Rome..but not sure it's worth pursuing.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Just passing on what I was told in Rome. I booked a pre paid stay - no Hilton Honors points are awarded. The rate was good, but I'm not sure as good as the points that didn't post on 6 rooms because it was pre paid. If this is correct be informed.

I did check my account upon returning and yes no points posted. I do have a contact number for a rep in Rome..but not sure it's worth pursuing.
Pre paid through a third party website?

Sherri Ko

Through Hilton.com
I know third party websites will never give points at Hilton, well shouldn't say never...99% of time.

I found this out because I booked 6 rooms. I knew I could only get points on my account for the room I occupied. So, tried to get my guest numbers on the other rooms. I was told pre paid no points. I did get my Diamond benefits though (free Breakfast bagged since I was leaving early...forgot to pick up).

This was in Rome so maybe between my English and their Italian it didn't translate well..but their English was pretty good.

Last edited:

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Through Hilton.com
I know third party websites will never give points at Hilton, well shouldn't say never...99% of time.

I found this out because I booked 6 rooms. I knew I could only get points on my account for the room I occupied. So, tried to get my guest numbers on the other rooms. I was told pre paid no points. I did get my Diamond benefits though (free Breakfast bagged since I was leaving early...forgot to pick up).

This was in Rome so maybe between my English and their Italian it didn't translate well..but their English was pretty good.
Never heard of this, but then again, it's been about a decade since I paid money for a Hilton. I'd suggest calling the HH Diamond line..

andysiz

Level 2 Member
I've always earned points on prepaid rates. And you should get credit for two rooms. Unless you booked one of the ineligible rates, Hilton's FAQ page indicates you should get points:

upload_2014-10-30_14-35-29.png

carlos

Level 2 Member
If you booked the room under your name and paid with your credit card only 1 room will give you points, each person must pay for their own room to get points to their accounts