Possible good deal at Hyvee

Stuck in KC

Level 2 Member
Scanning thru the paper this am. HyVee (grocery chain in mid west) showing buy $100 in select gift cards and get $10 off your next shopping visit.Visa is in the picture.. "The visa gift card is issued by Metabank, member FDIC. Limit one reward per customer, per transaction per day"

Headed that way in a few minutes. Not my regular grocery store but where I buy most of my gift cards in the grocery store category. Can collect a bunch of stuff for charitable giving as well as college kid snacks.

SicEmBear

Level 2 Member
I've got a nearly identical deal at Tom Thumb here in DFW. A few points worth mentioning on the Tom Thumb deal in particular and may have similar implications with HyVee:
1) The $10 credit (which comes as a catalina) is not good for additional gift card purchases. So you'll have to use it for regular shopping there which shouldn't be a big deal if they are your usual chain.
2) Amex gift cards are included in that list of valid GC's under the promotion (not Visas/MC)
3) The Amex cards won't earn gas rewards. The other cards on the promo list will, though.

thepaul500

Level 2 Member
Scanning thru the paper this am. HyVee (grocery chain in mid west) showing buy $100 in select gift cards and get $10 off your next shopping visit.Visa is in the picture.. "The visa gift card is issued by Metabank, member FDIC. Limit one reward per customer, per transaction per day"

Headed that way in a few minutes. Not my regular grocery store but where I buy most of my gift cards in the grocery store category. Can collect a bunch of stuff for charitable giving as well as college kid snacks.
Works on the variable VGC's for me, as long as you can find a HV willing to sell with CC. Wife and I have got the coupon every day for a week now, rotating between 3 different HV's. If only they earned fuel points...