Points Hound

plane2port

Level 2 Member
Does anyone have any experience with this company? I just got an email that says the following:

Use PointsHound to book your hotel stays, and you'll earn up to 6,000 American Airlines AAdvantage®miles per night and pay the guaranteed lowest price for your room.

Plus, make your first booking by May 31, 2016, and earn 2,000 bonus miles.*

PointsHound has over 200,000 hotels to choose from. Whether you're traveling for business or leisure, you can find the perfect place to stay.

I'm sure the 6000 miles is for an expensive multi-night booking but wanted to see is anyone has any experience using them.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
I've used them before, no issues, just like any other OTA. Caveats are that you won't earn points, no elite status, etc. I've done promotions where I've earned 5K miles on a single $100 stay, for example, and given up some hilton points instead Just make sure you read the terms of your promotion (e.g. some stuff is for new members, some are for 1 night, some are for 2, etc.)

smittytabb

Staff member
Does anyone have any experience with this company? I just got an email that says the following:

Use PointsHound to book your hotel stays, and you'll earn up to 6,000 American Airlines AAdvantage®miles per night and pay the guaranteed lowest price for your room.

Plus, make your first booking by May 31, 2016, and earn 2,000 bonus miles.*

PointsHound has over 200,000 hotels to choose from. Whether you're traveling for business or leisure, you can find the perfect place to stay.

I'm sure the 6000 miles is for an expensive multi-night booking but wanted to see is anyone has any experience using them.
I have used them quite a bit, especially when I stay in hotels that are not major chain hotels. Always had a very good experience.