Resolved please make the full page redirects to ads go away!

DanR

Level 2 Member
They used to happen occasionally ... no biggie .... right now, I can't read level 2 general forum discussions. Clicking into any thread immediately redirects me to an ad page

smittytabb

Staff member
They used to happen occasionally ... no biggie .... right now, I can't read level 2 general forum discussions. Clicking into any thread immediately redirects me to an ad page
Often have the same problem, especially when I am using an iPad. Annoying.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Suggestion and Improvement indeed. I'm looking into it, but the ads shouldn't be doing that, and it is hard to stop. FWIW I cancelled my last ad partner because of UI and it reduced site income by about 2/3, so I'm willing to make these decisions for the betterment of the forum, but I think in this case it is just something that slipped through google adsense.

Haley

I am not a robot
I have never had that happen here and I use an iPad or iPhone 100% of the time (here). I set up my bookmark to start me in level 2, not sure if that is why I'm not seeing the issue. Worth a try.

On other sites and some apps this is a problem because of the order in which a page loads. The redirect link loads prior to the page images, so I'm accidentially hitting a redirect link when I'm trying to do something else. In many cases it can be solved by page layouts that put links far away from ads.

Reread the OP and looks like that isn't the issue. Hmm.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I have never had that happen here and I use an iPad or iPhone 100% of the time (here). I set up my bookmark to start me in level 2, not sure if that is why I'm not seeing the issue. Worth a try.

On other sites and some apps this is a problem because of the order in which a page loads. The redirect link loads prior to the page images, so I'm accidentially hitting a redirect link when I'm trying to do something else. In many cases it can be solved by page layouts that put links far away from ads.

Reread the OP and looks like that isn't the issue. Hmm.
It was a giant adsense malvertising attack, that they went on to fix.