Please consider supporting the Saverocity Observation Deck podcast on Patreon!

asthejoeflies

Staff member

http://saverocityobservationdeck.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/EP94.mp3

TL;DR: Please consider supporting the podcast on Patreon!

In case you missed it, I just wanted to make a quick plug for the podcast that Trevor and I have been working on for the better part of the last three years, the Saverocity Observation Deck. Around this time three years ago, I asked the Saverocity writers if anyone might be interested in doing a podcast. Trevor and Joe Cortez answered the call, and the rest is history. I’m writing this rare post about the podcast on my blog because Trevor and I have decided to start a Patreon page to ask for financial support for the podcast. And let’s get this out of the way – nothing will change for users who don’t support the podcast through Patreon.

If you’ve never listened to the podcast, we run the gamut of miles, points, and travel related topics. You can check out our latest episode embedded above. Every two weeks, we release and episode with two main parts – one destination focused segment and one miles/points focused segment. Sometimes the two sections blur, but our goal is to inspire our listeners (and ourselves!) to travel more and to find more and more ways to reach our travel goals for less.

For those of you who have been listening all these years and to those of you who have just started – thank you. Meeting listeners in person continues to be a weird thing, my own family doesn’t enjoy listening to me talk so it’s crazy anyone else would.

As we continue to try to evolve the podcast into the best it can be, we’ve decided to start a Patreon page. Patreon is a way for content creators to get paid for their work – that’s the crudest way you can put it. But it’s also a way to build up a stronger, smaller community within the larger community of our podcast listeners.

If you are enjoying listening to our podcasts, would you consider partnering with us? Patreon supporters will receive special bonus content and hopefully some other random surprises. Trevor and I both sincerely believe that Patreon supporters will fuel us to keep making the best content we can make and in return, we want to give our subscribers more.

So here’s the bottom line. If you’ve been enjoying our podcast, that’s awesome! Please continue to do so and nothing will change for you, we will continue to release episodes every other Tuesday and the content should remain exactly the same.

For Patreon subscribers, we will be releasing episodes 5 days early (on Thursdays) with bonus content, depending on what level of support you generously choose to give us. Don’t worry, there’s nothing exorbitant, our highest tier is $3/month.

We’ve started a new segment for Patreon subscribers, the Final Boarding Call, which we previewed in the last episode of the podcast (embedded above). There also will be Patreon only posts on our Patreon page with details about the tips we put in the Final Boarding Call. Like our podcast, the Final Boarding Call will touch on a variety of topics – hopefully you find them as interesting as we do.

What I’ve loved the most about the podcast is all the people I’ve met along the way, from guests to listeners, and of course – Trevor and Joe (moved on but never forgotten :)). As the host, it’s the best being the dumbest person on the call as I just soak in all the knowledge guests drop whilst trying not to make fun of Trevor too much. The same can be said for when I meet listeners in person, it’s jut a pleasure to have gotten to know some of you. Hopefully Patreon is a way we’ll get to connect even more with all of you.

Whether you choose to support or not, thanks so much for hanging out with us along the way. We hope we can continue to make a podcast worth listening to and welcome any feedback you might have. And special shout out and thanks to those who have already pledged! Thanks for indulging me, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Continue reading...