PayPal TGIF Promo $6 off $100 purchase [Registration has ended, now just discussion on using]

labboypro

Chief Factotum
Not sure if invite only. I got an email with the offer. Maybe a direct signup on the site Here--
Code:
https://www.paypal-promo.com/tgif-shipping/
Excludes obvious cashout opportunities but may work at 3rd party GC sites like Cardpool, etc (??) Any other ideas for cashing out to pocket the discount?

T&C--
PayPal members who sign up for the TGIF Shipping promotion (“Offer”) by March 25, 2015 will receive four (4) rewards of $6 USD off their next purchase. Each reward can be used towards a single purchase of $100 USD or more (excluding taxes and shipping) made solely through your PayPal account, subject to the terms below. Offer begins March 19, 2015 and ends April 25, 2015. Offer limited to one per PayPal account.

In order to receive this Offer you must a) have a U.S. PayPal account in good standing, b) receive an email from PayPal inviting you to participate in the Offer, c) sign up for the Offer on the landing page provided in the email, no later than March 25, 2015 at 11:59:59pm PDT), PayPal members who sign up for the Offer will receive an email from PayPal each Friday in April, 2015 advising that the $6 off reward is available for use with their PayPal account (“the Friday Email”), and d) upon receipt of the Friday Email, complete your minimum $100 USD purchase using your PayPal account as the sole payment method, by the following day, Saturday at 11:59:59 pm PDT. The $6 off reward will be automatically applied to your purchase upon checkout.

Excluded transactions from the Offer include but are not limited to the following: gift certificate payments, purchases of gift cards, send money transactions, and PayPal Extras MasterCard/eBay MasterCard payments not made through your PayPal account. Offer valid in the continental U.S. and cannot be transferred or combined with any other Promotion code, coupon, Offer or discount and may not be redeemed for cash.

PayPal reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Offer in part or in its entirety at any time without notice, for any reason in their sole discretion.

labboypro

Chief Factotum
FYI, I got the $6 discount when paying my Ebay account bill just a few minutes ago. Confirmed via their email and in my PP account...

Hello xxxxx,

You saved $6.00 USD off your $nnnn.nn USD purchase at eBay Inc..

This week's offer from the OP is good through end of day today... even if you Ebay bill isn't due, you can pay in advance if you signed up for this deal and want a free $6.

c2nah777

Yes, it is a goatee.
FYI, I got the $6 discount when paying my Ebay account bill just a few minutes ago. Confirmed via their email and in my PP account...
This week's offer from the OP is good through end of day today... even if you Ebay bill isn't due, you can pay in advance if you signed up for this deal and want a free $6.
That is a deal! Just wondering how to use it, but rather do your suggestion and pay fees in advance. than track an Ebay GC, or such. I imagine portals won't pay you for doing this, so I didn't bother. Tell me otherwise for next time if I am wrong please!

Last edited:

c2nah777

Yes, it is a goatee.

Mine says good through tomorrow.

labboypro

Chief Factotum
I am not really wanting to kick in another $94 this week. Maybe I will actually shop.
I've been piggyback shipping some heavy items lately off my ebay account (use a "sold" item that's already shipped as the platform for creating another shipment to a different person)... big 53" long boxes that weigh 50-60# each, so doing FedEx Ground saved a lot over UPS... and ebay bills FedEx back to your ebay account, so I've easily burned through the past 3 weeks of $100 deals just paying my account.

c2nah777

Yes, it is a goatee.
I've been piggyback shipping some heavy items lately off my ebay account (use a "sold" item that's already shipped as the platform for creating another shipment to a different person)... big 53" long boxes that weigh 50-60# each, so doing FedEx Ground saved a lot over UPS... and ebay bills FedEx back to your ebay account, so I've easily burned through the past 3 weeks of $100 deals just paying my account.
I piggyback ship as well! Can't select some options with click and ship on the USPS website. The discount helps too.

I just warn my previous transaction person that the notification is for a piggybacked shipment, not for them. Have you figured out any way to change the default notification email or turn of the notification when you do it?

Wait a minute!
How do you get Paypal to cover the shipping if your $100 credit is in your Ebay account, as opposed to your Paypal balance? I always create it using the
"ship another" from within the original Paypal transaction screen.

Last edited:

labboypro

Chief Factotum
Have you figured out any way to change the default notification email or turn of the notification when you do it?

Wait a minute!
How do you get Paypal to cover the shipping if your $100 credit is in your Ebay account, as opposed to your Paypal balance?
If you ship using FedEx, it doesn't get billed to Paypal account immediately like USPS... it gets billed to ebay seller account just like FVF's do, so you pay at end of month.

I don't think you can turn off notification... so my previous buyer just gets a bogus notification. I've not yet had it come back to bite me (knock on wood).

c2nah777

Yes, it is a goatee.
Please advise how to set up shipping a sold ebay item with Fedex. Paypal does not allow it. I need a detailed click by click please.
If you just go through fedex's website only, how do you get them to bill your ebay acct? Or how can you structure the payment from your ebay account? This is something I really need to learn. TIA!

labboypro

Chief Factotum
Log into your _ebay_ account and go to your My Ebay, then view your sold items. On any given item, in the Actions tab (usually far right unless you've rearranged), click the down arrow. The resulting menu has lots of choices. Choose Print Shipping Label (not Print Shipping Labels or Invoices). On resulting page, in the Carrier section in the middle of the page, choose USPS or FedEx from the pulldown (USPS is default unless you've changed it in your preferences). From there, you have choice of Smartpost (FedEx-USPS interline... painfully slow), Ground/Home Delivery, and up into all the expedited services. If you're piggybacking, just change the Ship To address on the left. Just be aware that your item buyer will get an email of the piggybacked shipment. I've never had anyone ask me "hey, why did you ship something to some other guy somewhere else" but it could happen... and remember, ebay can read ALL email sent between buyer and seller, so if you do run into any glitch, be prepared to do the only thing that ebay seems to care about... refund, refund, refund the buyer so he'll shut up.

labboypro

Chief Factotum
Also, piggybacking shipments with ebay is limit +2 to the original. After that, it won't let you ship additional. This becomes an issue when whatever you actually sold on ebay requires 4 separate boxes (pretty rare, I'm sure), but can bite you if you run out of legit ebay sales to piggyback onto.

c2nah777

Yes, it is a goatee.
Also, piggybacking shipments with ebay is limit +2 to the original. After that, it won't let you ship additional. This becomes an issue when whatever you actually sold on ebay requires 4 separate boxes (pretty rare, I'm sure), but can bite you if you run out of legit ebay sales to piggyback onto.
I usually just do shipping from piggybacking on Paypal transactions, but this will be a great tool for future use. TYVM.

raenye

Lever 2 Membel
Too late for anybody to use it (including yours truly) but you can load a Sears GC online and pay via Paypal.
Why haven't I thought about it in the beginning of April? :mad: