Paypal T&C changes 03/2017

labboypro

Chief Factotum
Long list of changes... mostly increasing %fees, including currency conversion and non-US buyers.

A few things that jumped out at me when I scanned the notice--

• We are adding a non-discouragement clause for sellers that provides:
    • In representations to your customers or in public communications, you agree not to mischaracterize PayPal as a payment method. At all of your points of sale (in whatever form), you agree not to try to dissuade or inhibit your customers from using PayPal; and, if you enable your customers to pay you with PayPal, you agree to treat PayPal’s payment mark at least at par with other payment methods offered.
Didn't AMEX already fight this fight with DOJ a few years ago... and lose?

• We are clarifying that we will assess the $20.00 chargeback processing fee for sellers who win a chargeback but are not eligible for Seller Protection.
So when I am found not liable on a bad chargeback, you are still going to hit me with a huge fee?

• We are adding the ability to create a negative balance in your PayPal account
I feel like there's some context they've left out. Are they becoming loan sharks? Or can I go withdraw a few thousand from my zero balance account with no repercussions?

Full changes here--

Code:
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full?locale.x=en

seespotjump

Level 2 Member
I also read recently that Paypal would allow for users to fund purchases even if your account has Paypal funds on it. Now you don't have to transfer funds out of your account if you want to buy something with your card through Paypal.

Pretty cool change if you ask me.

Mufmuf

Level 2 Member
I also read recently that Paypal would allow for users to fund purchases even if your account has Paypal funds on it. Now you don't have to transfer funds out of your account if you want to buy something with your card through Paypal.

Pretty cool change if you ask me.
Thanks. That must be quite recently. I was not able to choose a CC as a payment method a week or two ago. I had to transfer out all my $$ in order to use a CC.