Passports and Blank Pages Question

knick1959

Level 2 Member
Has anyone ran into an issue with trying to enter a company with less than 6 blank pages (I think that is the "minimum" number I remember)?

What if you have X blank pages but have 3 countries to visit?

I ask because my wife has 6 blank pages. We have Chile, Argentina and Brazil to visit in 2 months. Not sure if you can get an Easter Island stamp (it's actually still Chile) but that would be nice. We had planned on sending off for a new passport pronto (having just returned from a 3 country and 2 SAR trip), but there is a wrinkle ...

We want to apply NOW for a Brazil eVisa. I'm positive this will ask for a passport number, and my wife's passport number would change if applying for a new one. Given the time constraints, to get a new passport and THEN apply for a Brazil Visa might end up being tight. TIA.

Additional note: We were disappointed that Hong Kong and Macau don't stamp passports now, although it did save some page(s).

knick1959

Level 2 Member
As usual I found some answers while doing additional searching. I found an article that talked about passport pages in-general and said that 2-4 is best:
Code:
https://lifehacker.com/check-if-your-destination-requires-blank-passport-pages-1693495156
This pointed me to a State Department page that lets you search for requirements BY COUNTRY:
Code:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages.html
All 3 countries I mentioned require ONE BLANK PAGE. This is perfect, as she should be covered for this upcoming trip and there is plenty of time to get a new (52 page) passport when we get back.

Suzie

Level 2 Member
Has anyone ran into an issue with trying to enter a company with less than 6 blank pages (I think that is the "minimum" number I remember)?

What if you have X blank pages but have 3 countries to visit?

I ask because my wife has 6 blank pages. We have Chile, Argentina and Brazil to visit in 2 months. Not sure if you can get an Easter Island stamp (it's actually still Chile) but that would be nice. We had planned on sending off for a new passport pronto (having just returned from a 3 country and 2 SAR trip), but there is a wrinkle ...

We want to apply NOW for a Brazil eVisa. I'm positive this will ask for a passport number, and my wife's passport number would change if applying for a new one. Given the time constraints, to get a new passport and THEN apply for a Brazil Visa might end up being tight. TIA.

Additional note: We were disappointed that Hong Kong and Macau don't stamp passports now, although it did save some page(s).
The Brazil eVisa will require you to scan and send your passport, along with a current photo. All 3 of those countries do stamp (as of last spring).

If you consider 2 stamps per country for a total of 6 - conservatively putting 4 per page - it sounds like she should be fine.

knick1959

Level 2 Member
The Brazil eVisa will require you to scan and send your passport, along with a current photo. All 3 of those countries do stamp (as of last spring).
Just a side note. Applied for 2 Brazil visas online 2 days ago. Note that we were very careful and I stressed over the pictures we sent to an extreme knowing the problems you had yourself with the process.

Approved and ready-to-print visas arrived in our email today, no problems and after only 2 days. I know, you hate me :). I started fairly early assuming we'd need multiple volleys. Not so.

We took various pictures ourselves for this but I didn't really like the results. I had a good one of my wife but it suffered from a flash/red-eye affect, something they mentioned as bad. My wife couldn't seem to get me straight on. Finally, I just took pictures of the passport photos we had left over from our Asia trip. I had read that certain countries needed 2. I tallied up the max we would need, added a buffer count and went to the library for the pics. No country wanted more than one. So we have plenty of extras. Took a picture of each, sized them close and they cropped nicely into their online application tool.

We're all set for South America in early April! Thanks for the replies.

Suzie

Level 2 Member
Just a side note. Applied for 2 Brazil visas online 2 days ago. Note that we were very careful and I stressed over the pictures we sent to an extreme knowing the problems you had yourself with the process.

Approved and ready-to-print visas arrived in our email today, no problems and after only 2 days. I know, you hate me :). I started fairly early assuming we'd need multiple volleys. Not so.

We took various pictures ourselves for this but I didn't really like the results. I had a good one of my wife but it suffered from a flash/red-eye affect, something they mentioned as bad. My wife couldn't seem to get me straight on. Finally, I just took pictures of the passport photos we had left over from our Asia trip. I had read that certain countries needed 2. I tallied up the max we would need, added a buffer count and went to the library for the pics. No country wanted more than one. So we have plenty of extras. Took a picture of each, sized them close and they cropped nicely into their online application tool.

We're all set for South America in early April! Thanks for the replies.
Good to hear. Our issue stemmed from the fact that they had just started the eVisa process the week before and they were not prepared.