Parking at airport hotels

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Are there opportunities to leave the car with free (or cheap) parking at airport hotels? I'm particularly interested in things like staying 1 night on an award and being able to pick up the car again later.

I've read things around this and wondered if anyone here does this?

smittytabb

Staff member
Are there opportunities to leave the car with free (or cheap) parking at airport hotels? I'm particularly interested in things like staying 1 night on an award and being able to pick up the car again later.

I've read things around this and wondered if anyone here does this?
Yes, I do it a lot. Sometimes they will charge you a small fee on top of the award. Sometimes they put a sticker on your car and charge you nothing. I usually book a room and then call, or I tell them when I check in. It's a good deal most of the time I think.

Mountain Trader

Level 2 Member
Yes, there are hotels and motels around various airports that do this. I have not done it myself due to our travel pattern and local geography. I'd bet this would show up on Google.

Good luck on that in NYC, though I could be wrong.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
I've done this a bunch of times and I typically call the hotel to discuss it with them ahead of time, since they often want you to book a special Park & Fly Rate (or something like that). I call and say that I'm using an award night, so there's no way I can book the rate. Most of the time, they ask how long I'm leaving the car for - and tell me not to worry. Occasionally, they ask me to pay a small fee ($15 or so). YMMV in NYC.

projectx

Level 2 Member
For personal travel, I do this every time that requires me to be at the airport anytime in the morning. It completely takes the stress out of getting to the airport, especially for early flights. Some hotels charge a fee, some don't. I've found it's not even consistent within the same chain.