Park Plaza Westminster Bridge

goofypluto

Level 2 Member
Anyone stay at this hotel and have any reviews? I know there is tripadvisor and one of the boardingarea guys wrote about it, but I am looking for reviews by people in our community.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't, but maybe beyond just asking for a review (in case there isn't one available) you could explain your thoughts - are you narrowing down between this and other CC properties in London, or if this one does get a review from here and it isn't positive would you go elsewhere to another chain?

Value wise, I have to say it is pretty good with the last night free..

goofypluto

Level 2 Member
Hey Matt! I'm going to be in town for business and this is the hotel that I've been given so I'm only looking for reviews for this hotel in particular. No worries if there are no reviews, I thought give this forum a shot in case anyone had any feedback. Thanks!

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Matt! I'm going to be in town for business and this is the hotel that I've been given so I'm only looking for reviews for this hotel in particular. No worries if there are no reviews, I thought give this forum a shot in case anyone had any feedback. Thanks!
Ah ok, well, maybe you need to write the trip report then!

Summerport

Level 2 Member
I just returned from London and stayed at this hotel.
I would highly recommend this hotel, however don't expect any benefits from CC status.
Pluses: Location is incredible, right next to London Eye, Thames river cruises, and Big Ben. Rooms were very nice. Great pool and spa. Because we were a family of 4 our room cost more CC points but still great value getting the 2nd night free. Room was separated so the kids had their own area.
With CC Gold they would not provide any benefits, not even an upgraded room or better view. Access to the club lounge was over $100 per day (did not use) and breakfast was also very expensive so we ate breakfast elsewhere.
My wife already wants to go back and stay there again.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the review! Personally I don't expect anything from CC gold status, it's that second night free that makes the card awesome.

goofypluto

Level 2 Member
I am back and here's my review! I loved the hotel and the location. I was in town for work and this location was great since the Waterloo train station was right there and I was able to get to work in about 30 minutes. My room was great and I was originally given a room without a balcony, but they moved me to a room with a balcony. The balcony was huge. The wifi was so so however and I had upgraded to the faster internet, but there is a fee for that. The free internet is very slow and you won't be able to do things like google hangout since you will get cut off. I didn't have time to try out the pool, but I took a look and it looked nice. I had the breakfast buffet in the morning a few times and it was good. I was surprised at all the offerings to be honest since I wasn't expecting a full breakfast. The location is great and is walkable to the more hip areas like Soho, Picadilly Circus etc. I wish my hotel was in those areas since I was there almost every night for food/drinks, but the location of the hotel was better for me to get to work. I recommend this hotel if you are in town for business and even vacation. If you are looking to spend most of your time around the Soho/Picadilly circus area, the walk is about 20-25 min. It's a very nice walk since you have to go across the bridge. I didn't have to pay for this hotel, but even if you have to pay for it, the rate wasn't so bad and I was there in the middle of summer. Hope this helps someone! =)

goofypluto

Level 2 Member
Anyone know how many CC points required per night?
Hey Mark! I believe it's 50,000 points a night, but you can also think of it as 25,000 points if you redeem points and staying 2 nights. (Not sure how familiar you are with Club Carlson, but if you have the CC, when you redeem points, whatever the amount is, divide that by 2 if you are staying two nights. So it's basically like you are getting a free night or divide the points by 2.) You can also do the 2 for 1 cash option that's also available to cc holders.

LoriB

Level 2 Member
Anyone know how many CC points required per night?
I just booked this hotel for 2 nights in May and it was 62,500 total. Not too bad! I am curious, though, if the "additional charges, taxes and fees may apply" as stated in the reservation will add to the cost. I just received my Club Carlson Visa and have done the spend required for the points but have yet to make a payment. It was nice that the points were available almost immediately and I was able to book my stay. I also booked 2 nights at the Conrad London St James with my Hilton 2 free night certificate.

Summerport

Level 2 Member
Yes there were additional fees on top of the points, but I do not remember the exact amount. They were payable at check in, maybe around $10-20 per night.

flyingcturtle

Level 2 Member
Thanks for the reports. Planning on taking my mom on a surprise vacation to Paris and London. Was debating on if this would be a good place.