Park Hyatt Hadahaa - Maldives

nsmn4945

Level 2 Member
Anyone been to the PH Maldives? I'll be going there December 31 - January 5. Will def post a review later. If anyone else is going during that time, would love to meet up!

b_c

Does anyone know how far out rooms booked on points should be made at this property especially during peak times?

nsmn4945

Level 2 Member
for what it's worth....you can book exactly 1-year prior to the date of your stay. For my Dec. 31 2014 stay, I booked it Dec. 31 2013. Even then, some dates of my entire stay were unavailable. Not sure if they were blocking it or if it was already booked. There's a couple tools out there where you can enter the dates of your stay and it will alert you when the rooms are available to be booked as an award night....

http://www.hotelroomalerts.com
http://wandr.me/Hotel-Tools/

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
You should reach out to @MilesAbound he's on twitter/blog and sometimes graces us here.

He spends half his time at Hadahaa, the other half flying there...

steventravel

Level 2 Member
I have been there it was fabulous. Highly recommend you doing the Diamond Challenge before you go there if your not Diamond already, it will save you some serious dollars.

Highly recommend the diving, the reef at the resort is nice or they will take you out to some channels.

Also really enjoyed the reef fishing, they will prepare the fish you caught at the restaurant. Good value considering the fish itself would have been $50 to order at restaurant.

Also suggest asking to take the back of the house tour.

The Calamari - fresh and delicious. The Sashimi is a good value.

I hope you like tuna and fish.

There is a very good chance that you will be there with other mileage geeks as they are not super well known yet. I can think of 4 other mileage couples that were there with us.

One couple we actually knew from a conference in Chicago previously. For what its worth they had been to both Hyatt at Conrad and said the Hyatt was much better.

nsmn4945

Level 2 Member
I have been there it was fabulous. Highly recommend you doing the Diamond Challenge before you go there if your not Diamond already, it will save you some serious dollars.
Thanks for the tip. I will have my gf apply for the diamond challenge, mainly for the breakfast since it is no longer free on award stays. I already used up my diamond challenge while in Tokyo.

Just got padi certified so definitely looking to do some diving there. Do you know if the dive fee ($80/tank) includes a guide? Thanks!

steventravel

Level 2 Member
They require you to do some basic Padi stuff, Like a mask clear and a regulator retrieve, In the orientation dive. That is the first one you have to do. If I am not mistaken the $80 does include someone. I paid the tank fee and the equipment fee everyday and a guide came with me when I did the house reef.

As a reminder you can prepurchase Hyatt Checks on your SPG Business get the %5 discount plus the SPG points and use those to credit your diving and food. They must be checks though - Also verify that the checks are still working at this property by using the Hyatt Checks website. Just in case anything has changed.