Paris-VCE-FCO

Familyof5

Good morning! I'm sure this is an easy one for most of you but I still have questions about booking United. Sorry!!

Could you please tell me is this is a valid route? We live in Sioux Falls, SD (FSD) and are trying to plan a trip for 5. I have found availability so far and am watching the calendars for an Easter holiday.

FSD-ORD
ORD-Paris (stopover)
Paris-Vce
Train through Tuscany to Rome
FCO-ORD
ORD-FSD

I guess I'm not sure how to handle it since we have to get to ORD for flights? Is it best to call in with this booking since I can't seem to get it to work with multiple city searches? I believe I'm following the stop-over and open-jaw limits. Do I need to just pay $$ for the transport FSD-ORD?

Also, I could save a ton of points if we do business to Parks and economy home. Thoughts on this? I'll do business both ways if I have to. My kids are 7, 9 and 11.

Thank you!!

dukerau

Level 2 Member
Could you please tell me is this is a valid route? We live in Sioux Falls, SD (FSD) and are trying to plan a trip for 5. I have found availability so far and am watching the calendars for an Easter holiday.

FSD-ORD
ORD-Paris (stopover)
Paris-Vce
Train through Tuscany to Rome
FCO-ORD
ORD-FSD

I guess I'm not sure how to handle it since we have to get to ORD for flights? Is it best to call in with this booking since I can't seem to get it to work with multiple city searches? I believe I'm following the stop-over and open-jaw limits. Do I need to just pay $$ for the transport FSD-ORD?
Yes, it's a valid route. If multi-city search is failing, have you verified that each flight you're searching for has the availability you need? I just did this as a dummy search (economy, but same concept applies):
10/19 FSD-ORD-CDG
10/25 CDG-ZRH-VCE
11/2 FCO-ZRH-ORD-FSD

and it prices out at 60k UA miles as expected. Are you inputting the itinerary into multi-city search correctly? You should have 3 "destinations" listed: FSD-CDG, CDG-VCE, and FCO-FSD.

Also, I could save a ton of points if we do business to Parks and economy home. Thoughts on this? I'll do business both ways if I have to. My kids are 7, 9 and 11.
LOL, if you have to? Are you seeing 5 business seats available? Personally I'm fine with flying economy back home from Europe "if I have to." :) That's a decision up to you if both economy and business are available to choose from.

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
dukerau gives you valid feedback. If you can't get it to book, just book from ORD and put it on hold and then call UA to have them manually add the FSD-ORD segments.