Overnight Normandy Trip in November

Hello All,
I will be accompanying my wife on a work trip to Paris in the beginning of November. There are two days of mandatory work related meetings/conferences/dinners she must attend that I cannot. I am looking to go to Normandy to see the D-Day landing zones. I know they have one day trips from Paris but the people I spoke too who did that said they felt very rushed and they didn't get to see everything they wanted to see. My tenative plan is to rent a car of bus ticket to Normandy and acquire lodging in Normandy. That will give me two full days there which is what I've read is recommended. Does anybody have any advice or recommendations? I'm open to anything. Nothing is set in stone. P.S. I've heard the weather will be quite nasty.

mathlete

Level 2 Member
I did a one-day trip to Normandy from Paris a few years ago and thought it was plenty (but I tend to "speed" sightsee). I took the train up in the morning to Bayeux, saw the tapestry, and then caught a tour van at about noon. It drove us around to 3-4 sites, and dropped us off at Bayeux again around 5. I took the train back to the city after that.

I did a one-day trip to Normandy from Paris a few years ago and thought it was plenty (but I tend to "speed" sightsee). I took the train up in the morning to Bayeux, saw the tapestry, and then caught a tour van at about noon. It drove us around to 3-4 sites, and dropped us off at Bayeux again around 5. I took the train back to the city after that.
Ive seen tours that do exaclty this. It may be an option. Thanks