ORD-LHR using AA miles

Tom Juhn

Level 2 Member
I was looking award flights on the AA site. I did not like my options. I then went to the Finnair and noticed AA does have flights that I would like book. My question can I book these Finnair flights (operated by AA) with AA miles?

italdesign

Level 2 Member
If AY shows award availability for AA-operated flight, then it must be available to AAdvantage as well, so you should be able to book it by calling AA (if it doesn't show on AA.com for some reason)

kaipoman

Level 2 Member
FYI in my experience Finnair availability always ends up being phantom. Havent had any luck booking what shows as available, though to be fair I've only tried a handful of times.

smittytabb

Staff member
I was looking award flights on the AA site. I did not like my options. I then went to the Finnair and noticed AA does have flights that I would like book. My question can I book these Finnair flights (operated by AA) with AA miles?
Yes, you can. I booked ORD to TLL on Finnair in business on AA miles several months ago.

merice107

Level 2 Member
I am looking at the same (and the taking the train up to Scotland) and the daytime AA flight (I think AA 90) intrigues me.