Ord-Dub best use of points

paulros624

PaulRos624
I have AA, Amex and TYP and need to get 3 to Dublin for St. Patricks Day 2017. Any suggestions? Will I likely see very limited inventory? I would consider flying into Shannon and working my way to Dublin on my own (I've done that before).

THANKS!

kaipoman

Level 2 Member
Biz or econ? I've flows this route numerous times on AA and usually have no problem finding space in economy, especially way in advance.

dukerau

Level 2 Member
Both UA and BA can book Aer Lingus, which serves ORD (and other US cities) from DUB. BA charges 20k (25k Amex MR = 20k BA) each way, no fuel surcharges, for ORD-DUB non-stop. UA will be 30k. Should be some decent options with UA miles via Europe as well. Note that BA's website doesn't display Aer Lingus availability - you have to call.

paulros624

PaulRos624
So there are no fuel charges on Aer Lingus booked through BA but I need to call BA and tell them I want to look at Aer Lingus flights, correct?

Paul

dukerau

Level 2 Member
So there are no fuel charges on Aer Lingus booked through BA but I need to call BA and tell them I want to look at Aer Lingus flights, correct?

Paul
Correct. Aer Lingus flies from ORD, IAD, JFK, BOS, all to DUB. They also serve SNN but ORD-SNN is seasonal and not in March I think. JFK-SNN and BOS-SNN may be an option though.

paulros624

PaulRos624
THANKS! I'm new to a lot of this and you were a big help. We just found out that we need to be in Dublin next March so now I have a plan.