Orange County, CA

MaryE

Level 2 Member
@Chandu, I'm floating into So CA (July 7-12) next week if you want to meet up for some sharing of ideas. Just send me an email.

PainCorp

Level 2.14 on Dining/Travel until 12/15
Not much around OC, I found a WM with a Kiosk, and one in LA that let's me do whatever I want with GC, but that's about it. Hard to find any reloads that are worth it. =/

TravelSummary

A little late to reply, but both me and Travel With Grant are in OC. Grant is a great guy to follow since he does all his MS here and that's all he writes about.

smittytabb

Staff member
@smittytabb Hi there!

BMG and I are hosting a conference on Feb 28 near Disneyland if anyone wants to join. Matt will be there as a speaker and has been helping us out as well.

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/993320
Thanks so much! I would love to be there but I will be in South Georgia, not the state, not the country, but the one closest to the South Pole, on that day. So, I would say that I am sorry not to be there, but I am pretty excited about finally getting to the final continent I haven't visited yet - Antarctica, and some of the other territories nearby.

youpaiyou

Level 2 Member
I'm considering going to the February 28 conference, but I'm not sold on it yet..... Do people really learn stuff from going to those conferences that can't be learned/found online?

John A.

So glad there's people in my area doing this! Still fairly new in this game (1 year), but I'm learning quickly. If anybody is in the LA or OC area, let's get together and exchange insight/info. Thanks.

I'm considering going to the February 28 conference, but I'm not sold on it yet..... Do people really learn stuff from going to those conferences that can't be learned/found online?
No. Going to conferences is mainly for meeting people and see if they work out the methods with a different twist.

loves2fly

Gold Member
For me, there is no substitute to interacting with people that you've been talking to online. It's nice to mingle and put a face on people's posts.

Last edited:

youpaiyou

Level 2 Member
Sorry to sound like an ass or at least ask kind of a mean spirited question, but why pay $100 plus dollars to go then?

Haley

I am not a robot
Much of the value is intangible.
Building relationships is important, but there is no real way to communicate the value in terms of $100.

FlyinCajun

Silver Member
Putting it out here too - Central LA Meetup

Jan 13, 7pm

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
939 Broxton Avenue, Westwood, UCLA

Thinking that we could probably get a corner of the place all to ourselves.