One Password App

F

Fuerza

Does anyone use this app? I was looking at changing my passwords and I know I can't remember all of them. Banks, websites, social media site ect. I know I'm probably very venerable to a hack. So I'm looking for options.

My question is if I use this app, will it change my current passwords? If so if I was to log into a site at work will I be able to look at the open password app and copy it into my work computer? Or my home computer? My iPhone is my lifeline to everything and I'd hate to have everything locked into it and loose or break my phone.

Confectioneer

San Francisco Bay Area
I use it on Mac and iOS. It doesn't change your passwords, but rather keeps track of what they are. You can store passwords as well as different categories of items (PINs, social security #s, generic text).

You can set it up with a shared database (e.g. dropbox) so computer and phone pull from the same source.

It's worked very well for me.

F

Fuerza

Thank you for the input, I use iPhone and a windows based laptop. Will these two system work compatibly with 1Password?

I tried out another password system that did work on both devices but it would constantly mess up. They wouldn't sync. I don't want to go through that again.

bismark

Level 2 Member
Thank you for the input, I use iPhone and a windows based laptop. Will these two system work compatibly with 1Password?

I tried out another password system that did work on both devices but it would constantly mess up. They wouldn't sync. I don't want to go through that again.
1Password does have a Windows client (I've heard it's not as nice as the Mac client but I have no experience with it). My 1Password database has been synchronizing across ~6 devices seamlessly for a few years now using the Dropbox backend. Definitely recommended.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
I personally use LastPass. I find it much better (and a lot less expensive) than OnePassword.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
I was using Dashlane.
I seen that marketed on TV.
Though I think it's a higher priced ripoff of what LastPass is.

Every feature Dashlane has. Lastpass has had for a while.
I may give KeePass a go sooner or later.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

1Pass is a godsend, especially if you use a mac and iphone. Cannot recommend it highly enough. Keep an eye out for sales and discounts. Just a few weeks ago they had 1/2 off their iPhone app and something like 30% off their personal desktop license.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

Rambo, how would you compare 1Pass to LastPass? A free year/discount is nice but I'd prefer to go with a program I will stay with because I like it best. Also, have you used the family license available w/1Pass? Thanks!
I've never used Last Pass with 1Pass but I'm about as far in the tank for 1Pass as you can get. I literally use it every single day on the phone and computer. It's indispensable to me.

I do know a number of people who use it and like it though. And hey, it's free for a year, might as well give it a try.

zeitgeist

Level 2 Member
Does anyone use this app? I was looking at changing my passwords and I know I can't remember all of them. Banks, websites, social media site ect. I know I'm probably very venerable to a hack. So I'm looking for options.
I use it on my Mac and my Android phone/tablet. I have it automatically sync everything to my dropbox account.

On my work PC, I can access my information by loading a file named 1password.html to access all my information. You logon once you're logged into dropbox. Just need your master key. This allows me to not have to install 1pass on my work pc.

I love 1Password and it's the only piece of software I've purchased.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

On iOS8, 1Password now has an extension that works with Safari so it can autofill passwords.
True, but if you use Chrome, or want to sign into apps, its still copy and paste.