NY DO

Unifer

Level 2 Member
Alright so let's say 6pm on this Friday (the 27th) at Reichenbach Hall - http://www.reichenbachhall.com/

It's at 5 West 37th Street (between Avenue Of The Americas & 5th Ave)

34 St - Herald Sq (B, D, F, M, N, Q, R)
5 Av (7, 7X)
42 St - Bryant Pk (B, D, F, M)

It's a huge space so I'm hoping we'll find room. Message me if you're coming and want my cell. Looking forward to it!

Ted Churner

Level 2 Member
Awww, wasn't even aware of this thread until now, otherwise I would have gone. Already hunkered down at home. Not making the hike from Queens now!

DL172

Level 2 Member
Hi all, also missed this, because I was not paying attention to this thread. Would at least 3 people be interested in meeting the third week of March?

DL172

Level 2 Member
So just two more and we can all decide on a definite date, I'm good at arranging meets. Most likely sometime during the evening near the end of the week or on the weekend. Small turnout is fine

DL172

Level 2 Member
Since, we now have a group of four @akoichig , @Unifer , @Vins68
Let us all pick a date and time that works for the four of us. Anyone, who joins our meet later on will have to make due with our scheduled time.

I am proposing the below dates and times, you all can either make a preference or suggest your own time. To start I would prefer to meet for lunch on March 21st. Since, I've started off with dates how about someone suggest a location, preferably somewhere none of us have ever been/heard about. I think Manhattan would be ideal to accommodate anyone coming from the tri-state area:

Friday, March 20th 7pm
Saturday, March 21st 1pm
Saturday, March 21st 7pm

zimnzam

Level 2 Member
Would've loved to join but not available till 6 pm on March 21st. Next time, perhaps!
I live across the bridge in NJ.

DL172

Level 2 Member
Great Great! I will make a reservation next week, I'll see if I can gather others on my end and get a count. I will message all who confirm.

This is my first meet with anyone from any frequent flyer/points community.

avagyan

Level 2 Member
I’m more of a Mediterranean food kind a guy. From Asian food know only the sushi ;) You’ll help me to place an order with less insects men’s best friends and strange spices, right?

DL172

Level 2 Member
I’m more of a Mediterranean food kind a guy. From Asian food know only the sushi ;) You’ll help me to place an order with less insects men’s best friends and strange spices, right?
So I'm guessing scorpion and panda, will be off the menu tonight. Joking - relax - don't worry you'll be fine. There are many cuisines of Asian food, just as there are many cuisines of "Chinese food". Sichuan food tends to be on the spicy side, cooked with a bit of chili pepper, but of course can be cooked mild.

This place is much better than the average New York City joint that says "Chinese Food" on the outside, which serves fried rice and noodles.

DL172

Level 2 Member
Sat 3/21 works for me as well. I'm good with the Sichuan restaurant. Looks like it has good reviews on yelp.

Looking forward to meeting you Coach Bombay.

Just as a side note to everyone, I can make sure the restaurant is pretty accommodating for anyone with dietary restrictions, vegetarian etc.

Last edited: