NY DO

Katstarr

Level 2 Member
I have another event on 12/18 as well.

why don't we just all plan to meet at the next Reach for the Miles meetup? I don't think a date has been set yet, but its always at Professor Thoms (a nice dive bar in the East Village), and they always give happy hour pricing. Best yet, they fill the wine to the top of the glass.....

midnightinharlem

Level 2 Member
Just dropping in a note to subscribe to the thread - am based in NYC and would be happy to meet up for a drink with like-minded folks. Curious where folks live/work - I live on the UWS and work in Midtown East.

Matt S NYC

Level 2 Member
Hi all. I don't think I've formally introduced myself on this forum, but I've been to 1 meetup before in the NYC area. I'm based in Midtown East and am absolutely interested in meeting a bunch of you. I'm not very good at organizing, so I leave that to others. Looking forward to meeting you guys. I'll be there if I can. Best, Matt

midnightinharlem

Level 2 Member
I've never been to a DO, but I was thinking drinks and chit-chat. Festivus (the 23rd) could work, and I imagine many would welcome the opportunity to air some grievances over a drinks..

AnotherGradStudent

Level 2 Member
Well, as @Katstarr suggested, how about Professor Thom's, which appears to be open the 23rd. 6 PM (or earlier, if folks want to ensure an early end-time), and if we hit critical mass maybe even actually call the place and warn 'em? :p

Matt S NYC

Level 2 Member
Lameness. Stuck at home tonight because my wife has a work event and we can't both be out at night with the dog at home or else she doesn't get fed or walked.... boo... Hopefully I'll make it to the next one.

Weird. I was getting updates when people replied to this thread and they stopped. And, of course, I forgot about the thread. Until now. So, I missed the event. Hopefully next time? Sorry.

Unifer

Level 2 Member
Hey-o, anyone interested in another NYC event? I just moved into town! I'm aware there are multiple forums now so am curious as to whether people are members of one and not the others and whether they'd prefer to keep meetups separate, or if one giant mega-meetup would be fun?! (I'm thinking flyertalk + Travel codex)

Katstarr

Level 2 Member
I'm always game to meet up. And, I am fine with cross-pollination of groups (as long as people are mindful of topics that should or shouldn't be discussed with those from outside the forum)

Unifer

Level 2 Member
Ok, why doesn't everybody save the date of Friday Feb 27th. I'll try and find a spot, suggestions appreciated (prob for more of a happy hour/stand up deal than a formal dinner)

akoichig

Level 2 Member
I'm interested in meeting up. I think any day or time would work for me. Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this Unifer.