Now for something completely different: Glenlivet Scotch Pods

tmount

Administrator
Glenlivet Scotch Pods

Its been an interesting weekend when it comes to Bourbon, Whiskey, and Scotch. Its not often that I delve afield of my normal Miles, Points, Travel, and Reselling topics, but, this one just felt right. Perhaps its all the Glenlivet, Knobs Creek, and Woodford Reserve I and so many of you have enjoyed at 40,000 feet. Maybe I just wanted the opportunity to see how “Glenlivet Scotch Pods” works for SEO? Only time will tell.

Introducing: Scotch Pods

The weekend started with these wonderful spirits in bottles, yet somehow, Saturday found this:

Glenlivet Scotch Pods

I can offer no better description than calling these Scotch “Tide Pods” offering from Glenlivet (a scotch I keep in the bar as I enjoy it occasionally):

CNN , notes that the Tide Pods Challenge craze has passed, but now we have Scotch pods, the adult equivalent for individuals who don’t want their spirits on ice, or even in a glass!

Later that evening, I saw a “competing” add from Knob Creek Bourbon, harkening back to a traditional Old Fashion:

At Knob Creek, we make our Old Fashioned the old-fashioned way. Just like we make our bourbon. Because ultimately, there are no shortcuts to Hard Earned Flavor. #EveryBitEarned pic.twitter.com/OJ0p26huTZ

— Knob Creek (@knobcreek) August 20, 2019

Wrapping up: Scotch Pods

I love seeing innovation, I really do! But, some things are steeped in tradition, and that’s part of the marketing. Think of Champagne! Even sparkling wines made outside of the Champagne region proudly boast: méthode champenoise” Specifically stating that the sparkling wine was made in the champagne method. A traditional method of creating bubbles that harkens back centuries. The idea that such an esteemed scotch producer, such as Glenlivet, who’s beginnings go back to 1822, would embrace such a “fad” or “marketing gimmick” is challenging at best. I’ll still enjoy the occasional Glenlivet, but, I feel like this one is going to be a blip that the folks over at Glenlivet will regret letting out.

What do you think? Would you have a Glenlivet Scotch Pod?

Continue reading...