• We just rolled out a huge software update for the Forum to bring us into the 20th Century. There's still a couple of kinks that we are working out. Let us know if you encounter any problems and we will have them squared away quickly.

Note of caution on getting bonus on SPG cards

dr0832

Level 2 Member
A couple months ago I got an Amex businesss card. Apparently my SPG number was input wrong into the form and Amex assigned me a new SPG number. I did the $5k min spend with in a few days of receiving the card thinking it would probably be a month before the points posted. Well they never showed up so I contacted Amex and I was told they had the wrong SPG membership number. They updated the number and told me the points should post in 3-5 days. They did not post so after 7 days I contacting them again and I got a more knowledgeable person that told me two statements must post before the points will be transferred. I never made another purchase after the first statement and therefore never received a second statement. The points are now showing up in my Amex account but there is a zero balance in my SPG because I have to wait for the second statement to close. So this is just a heads up since the bloggers have been pushing this SPG card, not that I signed up due to them or anything.

Flanmann

Level 2 Member
I had the same problem with mine and my wife's new card. Thankfully, I checked when I got the card, had them fix via chat, and points posted normally.

36902BRF

Level 2 Member
I had this happen with Hilton. I applied for my second Amex Hilton card (the non-fee one, already had Surpass) even though I know I gave them my HH number and it was correct (I had a screen shot). I didn't find out until the points posted. I ended up having Hilton merge the new account into my old one and had Amex change the number on my non-Surpass card to correctly show my existing HH account.

Josh000

Level 2 Member
Same w wife's spg. Quick call to amex cleared things up. But its always a good idea to double check the loyalty number associated w a new credit card soon after the card is issued.