No rental car - Help plan 3.5 day trip to Cancun

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
Couple traveling first time outside US.

Yes, would like to visit Chichen Itza and Isla Mujeres and other cool places in those 3.5 days.

Arriving on Wed afternoon. Staying in a B&B for 4 nights. I am counting Thurs-Sat as 3 full days before we depart on Sunday noon back to Cancun airport. And we don't plan to rent car...just too much to deal with if get caught etc.

Day 1:
Arrive airport. Take taxi to get to B&B. Relax.

Day 2: Thursday
Thinking to go Chichen Itza - should I book a tour bus? How to plan so that we can reach earlier in the day rather than lunch time?

Day 3: Friday
Visit IM - take a ferry?

Day 4: Saturday
Didn't plan. What to do? Tulum? wouldn't this be far?

Day 5: Sunday
Didn't plan. But need to check out by 11 am and be there at the airport by 2 pm.

Not interested in spending lot of time in beaches, although could try snorkeling (but optional).

How much cash to carry?
TIA

kellybme

Level 2 Member
Viator has an early morning tour to Chichen Itza. It should get you there before most of the crowds. Tulum is about a two hour drive from Cancun so it will be an all day excursion. I found that prearranging shuttles to/from the airport was cheaper than a taxi. Some of the ATMs are unreliable or charge exhorbitant fees so I would bring quite a bit of cash. I paid for everything in dollars and never used pesos.

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
Viator has an early morning tour to Chichen Itza. It should get you there before most of the crowds. Tulum is about a two hour drive from Cancun so it will be an all day excursion. I found that prearranging shuttles to/from the airport was cheaper than a taxi. Some of the ATMs are unreliable or charge exhorbitant fees so I would bring quite a bit of cash. I paid for everything in dollars and never used pesos.
Thanks!

We are planning to take ADO bus from airport terminal to Cancun downtown. Then take a taxi to B&B. Our B&B host was suggesting to take the tour of CI+Vallaloid+cenote+lunch package. Doable?