No Joy-Singapore Awards on United

csm634s

Level 2 Member
I've been trying several months to book a round-trip flight for my family of four from SGF to OGG with only one connection (small children). My plan was to book a UA flight via SQ. I have the miles to do business or first.

Since bookings have filled up I've also included HNL as a destination, which seems to have plenty of availability in early March (5th-8th is what I'm shooting for). Every time I call SQ they say there's no availability despite the fact that I see plenty of saver space on UAs site. Could someone tell me what fare buckets that SQ does have access to? Or better yet how to get from SGF to OGG/HNL with one connection for those dates in business or better for four people?

Many thanks in advance.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
Do you have UA credit card or UA elite status? Those would give you access to additional award space (XN for economy; IN and ON for J and F I believe) not available to general members (e.g. SQ). Anything available in X/I/O should be available to SQ.

csm634s

Level 2 Member
I'm a few days away from getting my Chase United card in the mail. I don't have status. So I should look for I, O, IN, ON for J and F then. Thank you italdesign.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
If you want to book with SQ miles, look for I and O only. If UA miles then you will have IN and maybe ON with your CC. Good luck

kristian

Level 2 Member
I am experiencing problems with Singapore not seeing saver awards also. Tons of X space available on united and singapore cannot see anything.