New York Hyatts

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Hey folks,

As an almost native NYer I haven't stayed at any Hyatts there myself. I'm booking a room for one night and want to know which hotel might be the best, after the new PH. I am trying to get a room there, but if I fail I wonder which is the next best property. Am thinking more uptown, so it seems to be between the Andaz, Grand Hyatt, and some of the others.

Any recommendations, good, bad, average experiences?

Cheers,
Matt

satz

Level 2 Member
I'm assuming that you are not considering the Hyatt Place. There are several bad reviews on FT about it. Although I'm not helping you that much in choosing one.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Nope was looking for fancier ones. Seems that the options due to availability are:

• Union Sq
  • Time Sq
  • 48 Lex
Seems that uptown is preferable so probably not the Union SQ one..

TheBOSman

Staff member
I've only seen the Andaz 5th Ave, very nice hotel but I'm pretty loyal to SPG for better or worse. Lots of good reviews elsewhere though from people with more comparative experience.

Hanaleiradio

Level 2 Member
They're all fine. I'd make the decision largely on location and what you'll be doing. I really like union square area--much more interesting than midtown to me. But rooms are small--even the DIA upgrades. I prefer 48 Lex to Times Sq, mostly because of location. I avoid TS glitz & crowds like the plague unless theatre is in the plan. 48 Lex is fairly quiet at quiet (by midtown standards.) Staff also more helpful. On the other hand, some rooms at 48 Lex getting slightly long in the tooth. Rooms at TS are newer, and generally larger. I have better upgrades as a DIA at TS.

Recap: if you're in town for Broadway theatre, then TS. For anything else in midtown, I'd go with 48 Lex.