New York City Cupcake Tour

We are lucky to live close enough to New York City to visit often. Over the years, we have done many of the classic NYC “things to do” several times over. New York may be my favorite place in the whole world (so far). There is so much to see, do and eat. The culture, history, chaos, and overall vibe is addictive and inspiring. There are crazy places (Times Sqaure, anyone?) and peaceful places (Central Park is one of the best known) – and everything in between.

On one of our recent visits to New York City, we decided to try something that we hadn’t done before. I found a great deal on Groupon for a Cupcake Walking Tour for 4 people. The deal is $65 for 4 people, but I found a Groupon promo code that brought our total down to $55.25.

From their website:

Here are some things to know about the Cupcake Tour of New York:

• Many of the stops along the way involve food other than cupcakes
  • You get to taste cupcakes, cookies, gelato, and macarons
  • You walk through some pretty cool neighborhoods and Washington Square Park
  • You will be so full that you feel like your stomach is going to burst, and you very well may gain 5 lbs
  • The tour is great for kids and adults
  • All of the treats were absolutely delicious. Not your average cupcakes at all
  • Our favorite stop was Molly’s Cupcakes, where we got a huge, full-sized cupcake & got to choose our own cupcake and frosting flavors
  • The tour guide leaves a little time at each stop so you can make purchases if you want to
Here are some photos from our tour:

Mini gourmet cupcakes from Baked by Melissa, our first stop on the tour

Macarons from Bisousciao – possibly the most beautiful desserts ever!

We stopped at Amorino for a gelato sample

At Molly’s Cupcakes, we got to choose our own flavors…best.cupcake.ever.

At Milk & Cookies we were each given an enormous (and delicious) sea salt caramel cookie

Our final stop was Magnolia Bakery, where we sampled a red velvet cupcake

One of my favorite NYC views – from Washington Square Park (with the Empire State Building seen through the arch)

We had a great time on the cupcake tour, and would definitely recommend it. It looks like there are a variety of other tours offered by the same company, and I would definitely look into doing another one on our next NYC trip.​

The post New York City Cupcake Tour appeared first on The American Travel Project.

Continue reading...