NEW free amazon student prime AND $10 credit for following referral Link

Tammy Daly

Amazon just redid their terms and conditions to crack down on fake EDU email addresses for student accounts and to not implement a better policy. Anyone who signs up now recieves a free membership AND a referral credit ($10) in the hopes that more and more people will follow referral links and also provide them.
I followed this link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info?ie=UTF8&refcust=NMUABYLMGWLIMMEPRT4BKWT67M&ref_type=generic
I immediately recieved my free account and about a week later recieved an email with a code for my credit.
Please note: Must provide VALID edu email address

Mary Lib

glad someone has finally posted about this.... such a good deal for students, followed a link for this a week or 2 ago and its basically free membership and then a free $10.
only problem is that it must come from a referral link.. so just randomly signing up with an edu account didn't get me the $10 credit... so something to look out for.

otherwise THANKS FOR POSTING

MarcusBWI

Level 2 Member
That referral link didn't work. If somebody gets any benefit out of a referral, I'd be happy to use their link.

SeanPIT

Level 2 Member
Has anyone tried signing up with a valid EDU email address but who isn't a student (ie staff, faculty)?

Rommie2k6

Level 2 Member
For those with legit .edu addresses, I found that if your institution allows you set up aliases or mailing groups (just create a mailing list with yourself as the only member), you can generate an infinite amount of legit .edu addreses. I've managed to get Prime for free for 4 years running using this approach!!!

purcitron

Level 2 Member
Amazon just redid their terms and conditions to crack down on fake EDU email addresses for student accounts and to not implement a better policy. Anyone who signs up now recieves a free membership AND a referral credit ($10) in the hopes that more and more people will follow referral links and also provide them.
I followed this link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info?ie=UTF8&refcust=NMUABYLMGWLIMMEPRT4BKWT67M&ref_type=generic
I immediately recieved my free account and about a week later recieved an email with a code for my credit.
Please note: Must provide VALID edu email address
thanks! received the $10.
this is a free trial prime membership? for how long?

c2nah777

Yes, it is a goatee.
I have been on student for a couple years now and have been considering starting an Amazon family instead with regular Prime. Then I can share with 4 other members and split up the cost.

Since they recently raised the cost for Prime and Student, the next renewal period for me will be when I reconsider this.
Student has been a good simple solution, but not the cheapest.

I hope everyone has also gotten signed up for Amazon Mom. It's free, gets a few perks and is stackable with student or prime. You don't need to be female which is why I have always suggested they change the misleading name.