Nepal on oneworld

WirelessP

Level 2 Member
Looks like from the US to KTM, using AA miles, I s a choice between Qatar and Etihad. Flying economy is there much difference between the two? Any other ideas? Thanks!

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
My experience isn't too recent, but found them similar with Qatar my preference. Re: long-haul coach, my biggest concern nowadays is avoiding the 10-across 777.

Malaysia and Dragonair fly to KTM also.

KennyBSAT

Staff member
As you likely know, Nepal is in the 'Middle East/Indian Subcontinent' zone for AA and requires two awards if you want to go via HKG.

However it is in 'South and Central Asia' for US Airways awards and you can (for now) route either way or both. Just in case you also have US miles.

WirelessP

Level 2 Member
As you likely know, Nepal is in the 'Middle East/Indian Subcontinent' zone for AA and requires two awards if you want to go via HKG.

However it is in 'South and Central Asia' for US Airways awards and you can (for now) route either way or both. Just in case you also have US miles.
Thanks, we have enough USAir too. Have you flown Dragonair? Could get to LAX/SFO, use Cathay to HKG, then Dragonair.

KennyBSAT

Staff member
I haven't flown Dragonair, but relatives have and got along just fine. They are affiliated with CX and it's not a long flight. From the West coast, routing via the Middle East is ~1300 miles further.