National One Two Three offer

What The Heck?

Master Blaster
Well most of you would have read about this offer by now. If not please read this excellent unbiased aritcle on this subject by FM.

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2014/08/21/is-the-one-two-free-game-worth-playing/

First of all if you decide to register for this offer dont be a victim of clicking any other blogger's link without even knowing that they stand to gain 300 points when you click through them. Most of them are shamelessly greedy in not disclosing fully that they get 300 points if you click their link. Dont be a victim for those greedy bloggers. You may want to use links of some good bloggers out there or your favorites. My favorites are TBB, FM, TIF and Saverocity.

Personally, in my experience of renting cars every weekend, i find that National rentals are way more costlier (double to triple) for small families. I tried with many coupon options available out there as well but nothing worked to my advantage in terms of costs. Going for this could make sense while travelling with a big group where one needs a SUV/Van and then it makes sense to book a mid-size car and then go for the upgrade through status. From what i have read it is not possible to get even premium cars except on EEE status (if anyone else has other views please let me know). I personally feel that National tries to just confuse the customers with different terminologies like executive aisle, emerald aisle and what not. For budget conscious travellers, costco travel and other options already discussed in other threads in this forum are way to go.

Anyone with alternate thoughts on this?