National Emerald Club

DanG

I joined this club (Executive Level) via AMEX Platinum and are planning on booking a car there for a trip to SFO this October. Has anyone had much luck? I am hoping to be able to grab a convertible or something fun, but am nervous that it appears to be a "first come first serve." Anyone have any experience? Tips?

Cory

What rate class did you book? I think it all depends on the airport. Emerald Aisle is definitely first-come-first-served, so if there's a convertible out there then it's yours, but if not, you're out of luck.

That's only if you're booking the Intermediate Car/Emerald Aisle rate. There are specific rates for a convertible, but are obviously much higher. Maybe someone with SFO experience with National can chime in.

DanG

Executive Aisle. I am going to try to book my car via the mobile app before arriving, but it isn't very clear to me the restrictions around that.

tly

Level 2 Member
FT has individual threads for what cars are available at specific airports in the Emerald/Executive aisles. Don't think there's any advantage in booking last-minute, as long as you book mid-size or above.

DanG

Thanks! That was helpful, but its all anecdotal information. I'll just have to wait and find out for myself.