NA Stopover rule

sriki

Level 2 Member
I will be coming back from a trip in mid Jan 2015. I am question about my options as there was a schedule change which messed up the last leg of my journey. The award is priced at Business class.

Flying into SFO on Jan 17th 4:30 PM (arrival time)
Need to get to BTR

There are no flights on the 17th that leave after 4:30 PM. On the 18th, there is Business AAnytime avaiability but not saver level. But, there is economy saver (at 12:30 AM & 8 AM; both of which are within the 24hrs). However, there is also Business Saver availability on the 19th (at 12:30 AM) but this is beyond the 24hrs of my international flight (HND-SFO). Is there any hope for me to book the Jan 19th flight as part of my overall trip even though it's over 24 hrs?

Thanks for any help.

KennyBSAT

Staff member
Assuming this award was booked with AA miles, agents can fix this if they want to. Since it's a schedule change, they can open award space for you, even on a flight where there never was any.
It may take a couple of calls, but you should be able to get seat(s) on the flight you want.

KyRoamer

Level 2 Member
If you call and are told no say thank you and hang up. Then call back and get a different agent. Do not ask for a supervisor until your third strike out. After the second no, I wait a few hours before calling back.