N00bish question regarding Chase Hyatt free nights + suite upgrade

kaipoman

Level 2 Member
Using both of my Chase free nights at the Park Hyatt Paris...will be traveling with the wife and pet human later this summer.

Does Hyatt allow one to throw up some gold passport points on top of a free night to upgrade to a suite (like they do when booking any other award stay)?

Thanks, team.

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
I'm unaware of Hyatt allowing points to be used to upgrade any award stay to a suite. They allow it on cash and points stays, but not on free stays.

Benjamin

Level 2 Member
I'm unaware of Hyatt allowing points to be used to upgrade any award stay to a suite. They allow it on cash and points stays, but not on free stays.
I think SanDiego1K has it spot on. I would reach out to the hotel directly and see if they can help you out with an upgrade. You should be at least Platinum as a result of having the card. That can't hurt.

montmorency

Level 2 Member
I had this same question last year when I completed the Diamond challenge and opened Hyatt card (while being relatively new to Hyatt Gold Passport system). So I spoke with a representative on the phone and - just to make sure - emailed them this question as well. The answer was NO, they would not allow it...

jdlucas24

Level 2 Member
No you can not use points to upgrade from a free night cert and I wouldn't expect any comp upgrade at the PH Vendome as a Plat except to maybe a Deluxe room. You could reach out to the hotel about a cash upgrade for a suite.

seamuson

Agree with ^, might as well ask for an upgrade and see if (a) they comp it, (b) they have no availability or (c) they ask for cash, more likely being (b) or (c). I'm in a similar situation for the PH Vendome this winter so we'll see how it goes.